Pitch bend has wrong assignment and does not connect with controller editor

xv666tr2
xv666tr2 Member Posts: 7 Member
edited January 2022 in Komplete Kontrol

hi there, hope someone knows a solution for this strange problem

i encountered the fresh problem that my pitchbend is not working as it should. - it´s assignement is on CC74 and this happens on all of my S-Series keyboards ( S88 and S61 ).

also it can not connect with the controller-editor software anymore...but in komplete kontrol software it works as it should BUT with the wrong assignement of the pitchbender. ( both keyboards have this problems but the maschine is fine. tried all ( uninstall drivers, controller editor, new usb in, new usb cable....). the strange thing is that the firmware-updater is working and the keyboard is there ....

anyone? thx

Best Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    Answer ✓

Is this happening with all instruments and presets ? The starnge thing is that neither the modulation wheel or the pitch wheel can be re-assigned on these keyboards. Maybe you mean the touchstrip ? This one is assignable. If you click on the MIDI logo when in standalone you can edit the MIDI assignments, maybe something in here is off. Look for any parameter assigned to CC74:

Check also the Buttons and Touchstrip section.

Now disconnect the keyboard and click on MIDI:

Also look for any CC74 assignment here and delete them with the little x.

Any luck with that ?

• xv666tr2
    Answer ✓

YEAH!!! i got it - with your help! thanx so much. i repeated last step you told me ( with the keyboard off - that was my fault ) and there was a cc264 parameter which i switched off. and now it works.

you are my hero!!!!!!!!! haha

Answers

• Jeremy_NI

Are your keyboards Mk1 or MK2 ? The MK2 models are not handled by Controller Editor but by the Komplete Kontrol standalone application. The pitch bend is not assignable and can't be changed. Is this happening in Komplete Kontrol in standalone as well ? Is it happening in Maschine, in your DAW ? Everywhere ?

P.S. offtopic but I love that album:

• xv666tr2

oh great! thx! 20 yrs now ;) it´s an mk2 - everythings work fine BUT the pitchbend - in the standalone mode it´s the same - everythings there where it has to be. also cubase (11) detects the pitchbend as "pitchbend " in the key - window but then it moves my filter on the instrument....so like a wrong routing ?

installed everything ( komplete kontrol / drivers/firmware) new but the problem stays

• xv666tr2

and thx for the tip with the mk1/mk2 controller editor - didn´t know that. but the maschne mk3 is working with it...

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓

Is this happening with all instruments and presets ? The starnge thing is that neither the modulation wheel or the pitch wheel can be re-assigned on these keyboards. Maybe you mean the touchstrip ? This one is assignable. If you click on the MIDI logo when in standalone you can edit the MIDI assignments, maybe something in here is off. Look for any parameter assigned to CC74:

Check also the Buttons and Touchstrip section.

Now disconnect the keyboard and click on MIDI:

Also look for any CC74 assignment here and delete them with the little x.

Any luck with that ?

• xv666tr2

thx for that - i´ve tried that out too... now i decided to make a complete new installation of kontakt and komplete.

there must be something wrong with the kontakt-player as the problem occures in stand alone modus too. but anyways, thank you for your support so far. i´ll gonna write what happened then;)

• xv666tr2

oh dear - instruments in standalone mode ( e.g.: absynth...) and in kontakt the pitchbend works totally fine - but not in Komplete... this is relly weired - never had this problem before. so kontakt is fine and the keyboard itself also.....

• xv666tr2
    Answer ✓

YEAH!!! i got it - with your help! thanx so much. i repeated last step you told me ( with the keyboard off - that was my fault ) and there was a cc264 parameter which i switched off. and now it works.

you are my hero!!!!!!!!! haha