How to fix freezing s4 mk3?

Djkevz
Djkevz Member Posts: 4 Member

Hi,

I bought a new s4 mk3 but there are problems with it!

When I run Traktor pro 3 (3.6) on my laptop without the s4 mk 3 connected there are no problems, I can play 4 decks at once and the audio is good no pop, cracks, glitches. Also latencymon shows that my laptop can run the software without any problem.

But when I connect the s4 mk3 the problems start. First everything works as it should, the audio is good, the controller works normally. But after a few songs I alternately experience 2 kinds of problems!

1. The audio stops suddenly but the software and controller continue to work as they should, but no audio comes out of the speakers or headphones.

2. The controller displays freeze and the LEDs of eg the cue or filter button react slowly. But the music continues to play normally, and the midi inputs of the controller are also detectable in the software.

I've tried everything I can find on the internet but nothing seems to help.

What I've already tried.

-new USB cable

-put laptop in high performance

- all drivers updated

-installed the asio driver for the s4 mk3 -tried the wasapi exclusive -all power saving options turned off

-disabled my bluetooth, wifi, cd rom driver etc.

Does anyone have an idea? Could this be hardware related. The longest I've been able to mix was 1h30min but this was exceptional, usually the problems come after 10 to 20 min.

I have a Lenovo g50-80 8gb ram Intel i5 ssd

Thanks.

Best Answer

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,562 admin
    Answer ✓

Hi @Djkevz our support team will need to take a closer look at this. Can you get in touch with us using this form here? https://bit.ly/n1trakt We'll need more info like your operating system, etc.

Answers

• Djkevz

Some pictures

• Kaiwan_NI
    Answer ✓

Hi @Djkevz our support team will need to take a closer look at this. Can you get in touch with us using this form here? https://bit.ly/n1trakt We'll need more info like your operating system, etc.

• Djkevz

Hello, I've already submitted a support ticket, I'm waiting for more info Thx

• Fotis Leon
    Fotis Leon Member Posts: 59 Helper

Someone mentioned in another post, (im in a research cause ive got some issues with the latest update), to use WASABI mode and not the ASION one, in Kontrol S4Mk3.

Gonna try it tonight and come back tommorow!

• Kaiwan_NI

Unfortunately this seems to be a hardware issue. The OP has contacted our support team to receive a replacement.

• Nico38
    Nico38 Member Posts: 8 Newcomer

Hello.

I have exactly the same problems on my new S4 mk3. It is brand new and also had exactly same issue as you.

I tried to reinstall traktor, instal new driver, update firmware, change USB cable and the sound still stop after few minutes I don't know why ...

I had S2 mk3 and never had any problems before.

Did you solve the problem ?

Did NI support replace the S4 ?

Thanks in advance.

• Djkevz

Hi,

It was hardware related,

They replaced the s4 with a new one and never had the same problem again.

Grtz Kevin

• Nico38
    Nico38 Member Posts: 8 Newcomer

Hi Kevin.

Glad to hear that NI solved your problem !

I'm afraid to have exactly the same hardware issue of you :/ and hope NI will be reactive also.

I am not confident anymore to play in big party with this kind of possible audio cut off...

Thanks for your answer.