Kontakt instrument options display problem

JustAnotherUSer
JustAnotherUSer Member Posts: 20 Member

Are these instrument panels in Kontakt 6 displaying correctly. The Velocity Curve controls appear be overlaying the Vel-Vol control, and something funny is going on with the Randomize section, and other controls are running off the right edge of the instrument frame.

Is this just another of Kontakt's UI issues?

I'n in Windows 10 Pro at recommended scaling and resolution. Changing those does nothing to solve either this problem the issues with UI scaling.

Thanks.

Best Answer

• Brad Yost
    Brad Yost Member Posts: 350 Pro
    edited August 2022 Answer ✓

NA preferences allows you to steer the libraries to any location you prefer.

The NKC & NKR files are in each and every library in the <samples> directory. You may not have permissions to view them, tho I don't believe they are hidden.

I would suggest that you reload/reinstall just the Factory Library and see if that helps.

I'm not in my studio ATM, but if you don't see the Factory Library in Windows "AddRemove Programs", see the following:

You are looking for <NI Uninstall RegTool_64bit.exe>

at the bottom of this article:

https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003509269-Fixing-Software-Update-Installation-Issues-Windows-

Answers

• Brad Yost
    edited August 2022

They are supposed to look like this:

Confirm that the NKR & NKC files in <YOUR DRIVE><YOUR LIBRARY LOCATIONS>\Kontakt Factory Library\Samples have the same modification dates for it's respective pair. For EX:

1. Reboot your computer, check to make sure that in Kontakt Standalone mode, you have the correct Audio Device and same sample rate chosen as your OS default. (It's usually an OS reboot/videoRAM refresh that solves this)

OR

2.Uninstall the Kontakt Factory Library and reinstall via Native Access and try again.

PS: you should list your platform and OS in your profile for more precise answers.

• JustAnotherUSer

Thanks, Brad, for this detailed answer. I knew there had to be something wrong.

I've checked the audio settings in K6 standalone, and they match those set for Reaper. My audio interface is an SSL 2, the settings are consistent in all dialogs, and I am able to run and get sound from both the K6 standalone and K6 VST running at the same time.

One complication is that I have not yet installed the K6 Library, and am using the previously installed K4 library. I installed K6 through Native Access, and that completed without any reported issues. K6 vst loads and works in Reaper. When I navigate to my old Kontakt 4 Library, those instruments load fine, and so do custom NKI and NKM files I previously made with K4. But the K4 library does not show up *as* a recognized "Library" in K6, and these are just loading from the "Files" tab in K6.

When I run Native Access and try to install the K6 Library from there, it tells I don't have enough space on the c: and/or d: drive. But it is not clear where NA intends to actually install the library (on C? on D? on both?) or where it MUST be installed. I do not want it on my c: drive.

Is is possible to just download the K6 library without NA, put it on a portable drive, and point K6 to it?

And now for the fun part: After a thorough search of both my c and d drives, I do not have ANY files with either NKR or NKC extensions ANYwhere on my computer. 😱

Any ideas? Thank you again!!

• Brad Yost
    edited August 2022 Answer ✓

NA preferences allows you to steer the libraries to any location you prefer.

The NKC & NKR files are in each and every library in the <samples> directory. You may not have permissions to view them, tho I don't believe they are hidden.

I would suggest that you reload/reinstall just the Factory Library and see if that helps.

I'm not in my studio ATM, but if you don't see the Factory Library in Windows "AddRemove Programs", see the following:

You are looking for <NI Uninstall RegTool_64bit.exe>

at the bottom of this article:

https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003509269-Fixing-Software-Update-Installation-Issues-Windows-

• JustAnotherUSer

I went ahead and installed the "Kontakt Factory Library" through NA, after directing to a preferred folder (after making room for it!) and that solved the display problem I initially posted about.

Doing that raised a couple of new questions. But I'll start a new thread for that.

Thank you so much!