Connecting Komplete Kontrol to audio interface as input?

Komplete Noob
Komplete Noob Member Posts: 4 Member

My Komplete Kontrol keyboard is connected through usb, the S61. I am assuming if it were connected to an audio interface in the same way my microphone is then I could use both the keyboard and microphone as an input at the same time in programs like discord for example.

Is there a piece of hardware I should buy to make this easily doable? If so any guidance would be appreciated because I did not find this answered anywhere on google other than software like voicemeeter which I would prefer not to resort to.

I use the scarlett 2i2 but I feel a different piece of hardware is needed to get what im going for.

Thanks

Best Answer

• Brad Yost
    Brad Yost Member Posts: 350 Pro
    edited August 2022 Answer ✓

I'm not familiar with Discord, but there are audio mixing softwares that can steer that for you. The microphone and keyboard will both probably have to go through your DAW.

I have my DAW playback along with a voice microphone input going out over Skype with no issues using this: [https://vb-audio.com/Voicemeeter/index.htm]

Google "play reaper over skype or discord" and there are videos to help you out.

Answers

• Reefius
    Reefius Member Posts: 244 Pro

I'm not sure what you're trying to achieve here. The Komplete Kontrol is just a MIDI keyboard, it doesn't produce any sound so it would make no sense connecting it to an audio interface.

• Komplete Noob
    edited August 2022

Right but my ableton produces the sound (have multiple sound packs that I use) and I have ableton always open on my PC ready to go so my desire is to play both through the same input, microphone and piano keys. How does one accomplish this? I assume some type of hardware is needed but I wouldnt know where to start

Edit: maybe i need to route ableton as an input somehow? Not sure how its done

• Brad Yost

If you have Ableton always open, then just always have an armed MIDI track in input monitor mode with the KK s61 as the input to that channel driving a piano sound of your choice.

As @Reefius stated, the KK keyboards do not output Audio, only midi and controller data.

• Komplete Noob

Thanks, I just did an armed the track with keyboard as input but Im still not sure what is needed to now seamlessly have those sounds from ableton transferred to discord in real time along with microphone. What would be next step to getting the sound over discord in realtime? Is there a type of hardware people use to achieve this?

• Brad Yost
    edited August 2022 Answer ✓

I'm not familiar with Discord, but there are audio mixing softwares that can steer that for you. The microphone and keyboard will both probably have to go through your DAW.

I have my DAW playback along with a voice microphone input going out over Skype with no issues using this: [https://vb-audio.com/Voicemeeter/index.htm]

Google "play reaper over skype or discord" and there are videos to help you out.