Possible to download only Kontakt libraries for Electronic Wind Instruments (EWI)?

Wlodzislaw
Wlodzislaw Member Posts: 12 Member
edited January 2022 in Kontakt

I do not have a keyboard, just EWI. Kontakt 6 has gigabytes of stuff that I cannot use.

All I need is wind instruments, perhaps a few others that can be played on EWI, but no pianos, guitars, drums etc. Is there any option to avoid downloading the stuff that I do not want?

Wlodzislaw

Best Answer

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin
    edited January 2022 Answer ✓

Hey Wlodzislaw, when you get Kontakt 6 it will come with the Kontakt library and other instruments. However you don't need to download all to your drive if you don't want to. However, you can't install parts of the Kontakt library as it comes as one instrument.

Answers

• Kaiwan_NI
    edited January 2022 Answer ✓

Hey Wlodzislaw, when you get Kontakt 6 it will come with the Kontakt library and other instruments. However you don't need to download all to your drive if you don't want to. However, you can't install parts of the Kontakt library as it comes as one instrument.

• Wlodzislaw
    Wlodzislaw Member Posts: 12 Member

Thank you for this explanation. It would be nice to have a minimal version of Kontakt to run various third-party instruments. The only reason I need kontakt is to get Suonopuro ancient flutes. Otherwise I am happy with my hardware synths (Yamaha VL70m, Ketron SD 1000, and DynaSample XpressO) that provide me with thousands of voices for EWI playing (SWAM software instruments are self-contained, but Suonopuro need Kontakt).

I know that this is much smaller market but recently the number of EWI controllers is quickly growing, so maybe it is worth considering.

• Kaiwan_NI
    edited January 2022

Thanks for the suggestion @Wlodzislaw. Interesting that I've seen a similar suggestion for different price tiers as well, but more geared towards people who're looking to create libraries.