Bug in TP3 - 3.6.0 325 - Duplicate entries in collection

Barbataz
Barbataz Member Posts: 7 Advisor

Reproduce steps :

• Select main track collection on the left panel or a playlist (it doesn't matter)
  • Drag an drop a title to a deck (one you haven't used since TP3 update)
  • Click on the main track collection on the left panel and type its title in the search bar.
  • You should see your old track but also a new one that as appeared (the duplicate) at the end of your collection (last ID#)
  • You can also see that your global collection has its number of songs increased by +1 (on the bottom right corner)
  • This bug is quite annoying as the duplicate entry is saved in the collection when you quit Traktor
  • It seems that once you've done the process one time for a file, the entry won't be duplicated again, but deleting the duplicate entry is useless as a new one will then be created again when the track will be loaded
Tagged:

Comments

• MiQ
    MiQ Member Posts: 3 Member
    edited August 2022

Haven't used Traktor much for a while but still keep it updated and have a quick mix now and then. Recently been asked to do a slot at a mates wedding so started creating a playlist for it.

I noticed that after adding a track to the playlist it is duplicated in my collection. This is not something I've had happen in the past. Currently running the latest versions of Traktor and OSX.

Any ideas ?

Thanks.

• kolorfilm
    kolorfilm Member Posts: 6 Member
    edited August 2022

Hey there,

after the update to the latest version on a MBP 14 Pro my intelligent playlists show a count of 0. Also many tracks are not analyzed anymore and seems to have duplicates with characters missing in the titles. All my files are on a secondary partition of the SSD (same SSD but different partition with different name). Also the library is located on a different folder (not in documents but on the „main“ partition).

My OS is MacOS Monterey 12.5.1.

I hope the information was useful.

Please help!

best Michael

some screens:

before update:

after update:

example of smart playlist:

• MiQ
    MiQ Member Posts: 3 Member
    edited August 2022

Bump .....

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,554 admin
    edited August 2022

Hi @kolorfilm can you run a consistency check on your system to see if there are any issues?

Also, please try disabling FileVault. After the computer has finished decrypting, reboot, and check if the duplicates are still there. Let us know how you get on.

• Kaiwan_NI
    edited August 2022

Hi @MiQ can you disable Mac's FileVault and let us know if that helps?

• kolorfilm
    edited August 2022

Hi @Kaiwan_NI and thanks for your response. :)

Well I made a consistency check before and after the update:

Before:

After:

There were new files to analyze after the update. I also recognized that all duplicate and new tracks are the ones with German umlauts like ä,ö,ü,... These tracks are all now twice in my list (~more than 200). An Example:

Have a look at the "Path/File". One is with "ö" and the other one with a space in the artist name. I didn't change anything on my Mac. Why does this worked before the update and file vault on and now after the update it recognize all tracks as "new" tracks without umlauts? Well if there is no other solution I will try to disable file vault and then try it again, but I think this will take a while...

Best regards

Michael

• kolorfilm
    edited August 2022

Ok @Kaiwan_NI I disabled file vault and tried it again. There is no difference. All tracks with umlauts appearing twice (one with the umlaut the other one with a space in the filename) :-(

• kolorfilm
    edited August 2022

I was a bit surprised about the speed of deactivating and disabling file vault, but it seems on a T2 chip (have an MBP 14 Pro) the de- and encryption is very fast due it set only the key itself. See the comment here.: https://apple.stackexchange.com/a/349034

But as I said it doesn't change anything about my issue. :-(

• Svensk
    Svensk Member Posts: 16 Member
    edited August 2022

Same problem here with "o" / "ö" (Umlaute) - all those songs are now as a duplicate in ... so i cleared them all ... but as soon as I play the song, it is added to the collection a second time without "ö" but with spaces again ... so its a bug i think

• polamjag
    polamjag Member Posts: 1 Member
    edited August 2022

Same here.

I suspect that this is related to Unicode normalization form of filenames of tracks, because this problem seems to be occurs only with filenames with Japanese dakuten or handakuten on my environment, which is known to related to this kind of problem on filesystems of macOS.

I think it may be possible to mitigate this problem by modifying filename encoding like this (important: create backup before trying!). Update: I tried this but didn't resolved problem :(

This problem is super annoying for me too, so I'd like to try to investigate solutions.

Maybe same problem: https://community.native-instruments.com/discussion/5375/tracks-duplicated-in-collection-when-adding-to-playlist

• Kaiwan_NI

@Barbataz I've created a support ticket for you instead so our team can investigate further. You'll hear back from us by email.

• Kaiwan_NI

Hi @polamjag unfortunately I don't have enough info about your OS etc from this comment to create a support ticket for you. Can you please answer a few questions here? It would help us a lot in investigating solutions, thank you!

• DJDL
    DJDL Member Posts: 63 Helper
    edited August 2022

I am getting a similar problem after updating to 3.6. Tracks with special characters in their title or artist name appear DUPLICATED in my collection. So now I have something that looks like this:

Sebastian Léger - Kanga

Sebastian L ger - Kanga

Both tracks point to the same file in the finder.

This problem is inconsistent, as not all tracks with special characters have been duplicated. I have yet to find a reason for this inconsistency.

I can delete the duplicate track (the one that appears as new) and that solves it. But it will be an annoying task to go one by one for hundreds of tracks.

UPDATE: I can now replicate this problem by selecting a track with special characters (spanish accent) in my main collection and dragging it to a playlist. A duplicate track is instantly created (without the special characters in the title) and the ANALYZE window pops up like it does when Traktor detects new tracks in my collection. If I delete the duplicate track, a new one will be created again every time I try to add the original to a playlist.

TP 3.6, MBP 14" Pro, Monterey 12.5.1

• DJDL
    DJDL Member Posts: 63 Helper
    edited August 2022

Same problem here. There are other comments with the same issue.

Perhaps they should be integrated into a single thread for easier followup as well as having more users share their insights and help the team get to the bottom of it.

• Kaiwan_NI

Hi @DJDL @Svensk @kolorfilm the Traktor team is trying to reproduce some of the bugs atm. I created support tickets for you instead to avoid going back and forth about your setup etc. Our support team will get back to you by email - you might need to run a support tool so we can get more details about your setup.

Similar reports have been merged to this thread.