Native Access v2.1.0 needs to setup and install dependencies daily on macOS...

victorp.sg
victorp.sg Member Posts: 63 Helper

I am currently using Native Access v2.1.0 on a MacBook Pro 2017 model running macOS Big Sur 11.6.8.

I have noticed that if I run Native Access 2 for the first time on a day, it says it needs to setup and install dependencies, and then activating products and loading products.

Subsequent runs within an hour or so after this will cause Native Access 2 to just activate products and loading products.

However, after an hour or more, Native Access 2 will then again requires to setup and install dependencies again, prolonging the wait time for Native Access 2 to load my products.

Is this normal for Native Access 2 to setup and install dependencies that many times?

Comments

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

Hey @victorp.sg It's not normal, please make sure to give Full Disk Access to Native Access 2 and ntkdaemon as well. How to Enable Full Disk Access on macOS

Here is where you can find the ntkdaemon:

Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/Native Instruments/NTK/NTKDaemon.app

Does that fix the issue?

• Tony Jones
    Tony Jones Member Posts: 261 Pro

I have the same issue (on Monterey 12.5) and every time I run I have to go through the rigmarole of downloading installers / running scripts. I didn't know about the access for the Daemon, just tried it, still have a problem. Good job I've still got NA1!

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

If you still experience this issue without finding a solution, please get in touch here: http://bit.ly/NIsupport_install

• victorp.sg
    victorp.sg Member Posts: 63 Helper

The issue still persists even after giving Full Disk Access to both app and daemon (and rebooting system). I am going to file a support ticket.

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin

Update: The issue is resolved with the help from support. The solution is to run a command line on terminal. A bug report has been filed internally.