out put multiple KONTAKT 6 load in CUBASE

fred07
fred07 Member Posts: 8 Member
edited August 2022 in Kontakt

Hello . I use KONTAKT 6 in Cubase5. My problem is this: if I load 2 instruments in Kontakt and I play by CUBASE the MIDI track of the 1st instrument , I hear at the same time the second instrument. However, both instruments have separate outputs.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    Answer ✓

Forgot to mention that "Edit all Groups" needs to be selected...My Bad... anyway, here is a screenshot,

1. Click the wrench
    2. Click the Group Editor Button (Highlighted green)
    3. Click the Edit all Groups Button (Highlighted Yellow)
    4. Change the Midi Source to "Default" (Highlighted Red)

At that point you should see the "+Groups" indicator disappear from the Midi Channel selector in the Instrument Header.

Sorry for the oversight!

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,296 mod

Make sure that you choose the right MIDI channel in Kontakt for your instrument. For example, instrument 1, you must select MIDI channel 1 for your Cubase MIDI track and MIDI channel 1 for your Kontakt instrument, For instrument 2, channel 2 for the Cubase track, channel 2 for the Kontakt instrument, and so on.

• fred07

Thank you.

I checked the MIDI channel numbers. Everything’s OK.

The two instruments that pose a problem are: the double bass and the wood-block of the KONTAKT 3 VSL bank.

With a trumpet and a trombone for example, there is no such problem.

• Jeremy_NI

So, it is only a problem with this VSL bank for Kontakt 3? Can you post screenshots of these instruments showing their MIDI channels?

• fred07

The problem is with KONTAKT 6.

When I have measure 3 read, the MIDI messages of the harp track make hear, at the same time, samples of wood-block.

• Jeremy_NI

Actually it's Kontakt 5, right? What version is it exactly? You can click on the NI logo to find out. Can you show what other MIDI channels are available in Woodblock's instrument window. What is this A2 + Groups ? Unfortunately I don't have this library at hand but if I check in Kontakt 5 in Cubase 12, I only have "regular" MIDI outputs, and no groups:

• fred07

YES. It is KONTAKT 5.8.1

I don't know what is [A]2+Groups.

This is the problem.

• Blindeddie
    edited August 2022

When you see +Groups, it indicates the instrument is set to receive on Any Midi Channel (Omni) but is set inside the Instrument editor (very confusing). So for the Woodblocks Instrument, click the Wrench and under "Source" click the dropdown that says "Midi: Omni" and the select "Default (instrument)". That will set the instrument to respond only to the Midi Channel selected...Make sure to save the NKI or it will load up Omni next time you use it. Again, kind of confusing, but that is the fix!

• fred07

Thank you for your help.

I’ve tried. I think I understand what needs to be addressed. I hope so.

But the problem persists.

• Blindeddie
    Answer ✓

Forgot to mention that "Edit all Groups" needs to be selected...My Bad... anyway, here is a screenshot,

1. Click the wrench
    2. Click the Group Editor Button (Highlighted green)
    3. Click the Edit all Groups Button (Highlighted Yellow)
    4. Change the Midi Source to "Default" (Highlighted Red)

At that point you should see the "+Groups" indicator disappear from the Midi Channel selector in the Instrument Header.

Sorry for the oversight!

• fred07

Thank you very much for your patience.

It’s working very well now.