Traktor and SoundSwitch Lightning Support- a winner team for all

viper9711
viper9711 Member Posts: 90 Advisor

Hello NI,

are there any plans to work with the lighting software SoundSwitch in the future?

According to my information, NI would have to provide/implement the API interface for this.

Unfortunately, the solution that currently works via Ableton Link is only sub-optimal. Only autoloops are supported and no faders.

I could imagine that would inspire many users

I would be happy if I got an answer

Thanks

Best Answer

• Ryan_NI
    Ryan_NI Customer Care Posts: 191 mod
    Answer ✓

hey there!

At the current moment, we don't have plans to implement this in the immediate future. This may or may not change.

If you'd like, we can tag this post as a feature request for future considerations in development, though! We can't guarantee that it will happen, but we can guarantee that it'll be considered at the very least ☺️

Answers

• D2Lover
    D2Lover Member Posts: 42 Helper

This is something that more people will want as time goes by. It's the only thing that could tempt me away from Traktor because it isn't implemeted.

• Ryan_NI
    Ryan_NI Customer Care Posts: 191 mod
    Answer ✓

hey there!

At the current moment, we don't have plans to implement this in the immediate future. This may or may not change.

If you'd like, we can tag this post as a feature request for future considerations in development, though! We can't guarantee that it will happen, but we can guarantee that it'll be considered at the very least ☺️

• DJDL
    DJDL Member Posts: 61 Helper

Love to see that as well. I don't use Soundswitch, but probably just because it isn't supported by NI. If implemented, I'd def consider it in the future.

• Wyley
    Wyley Member Posts: 239 Pro

You could use soundswitch with Traktor with good results. But unfortunately you can’t use it good with Traktor hardware. Only with gear that you can midi map with.

For example if you have a xone96 mixer use can midi map the mixer to soundswitch and do what you want with it. You can use Abelton link or Traktor midi clock out to sync.

• viper9711

Good results - well.. you can only use autoloops

The potential of Soundswitch lies in the autoscripts

That's not possible with a tractor

• Wyley

I know you want to go deep as to script individual tracks. Hope it happens with Traktor one day but It doesn’t mean auto loops are no good though.

Are you guys willing to pay monthly for soundswitch?

• Karlos Santos
    Karlos Santos Member Posts: 136 Advisor

10 years ago I would have been all over that but these days, old man that I am, I need easier solutions😞

I look forward to seeing your video achieving it though 😉

• Wyley

I never mentioned a video but I'll post this. watch (I know, it's just for auto loops)

What sucks about this is you need to run soundswitch software. I can just do it through my Denon gear alone natively.

• leesinthemix
    leesinthemix Member Posts: 249 Guru

Soundswitch released their own hardware recently, the Control One. It works flawlessly with the software.

MIDI sync is fine, but this doesn't allow phase detection like you can with Serato, so many times during a night you'll have to reset this. Really annoying for private event DJs.

Ableton Link is terrible with Soundswitch, because it's impossible to adjust the BPM of media players using HID mode.

• viper9711
    edited February 2022

The Kontrol F1 is an Top Midi Controller for Soundswitch too. I've mapped mine with the control center and you have 4 Faders and Potis. Midi LED Feedback is full adjustable by using the control center .

Have a look here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aocY5pkaUL4&list=PLBFGZWSSwOxiA4zvXxJXXzeu9RRrZltZU&index=6

• Karlos Santos
    Karlos Santos Member Posts: 136 Advisor

@viper9711 fantastic video. I don't have Sound Switch but I watched your video all the way through.

I may look at getting SS as I have some F1's at home and you've shown how perfect they would be as controllers.

I currently use an ADJ NE1 but it is very limited.

• Renos A
    Renos A Member Posts: 4 Member

can you please explain what do you mean by midi map xone96 with soundswitch? I use xone96 as my mixer with traktor + 2 d2 + x1. How I can use soundswitch with this setup?