only preview sounds from some in komplete kontrol 272

rumlee
rumlee Member Posts: 7 Member

i only hear preview sounds from some in komplete kontrol 272. if i browse through FORM as an example, i dont hear any preview sound. what can i do?

Best Answer

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,535 Expert
    Answer ✓

You don't "find the sounds" they are just previews for the presets, if you have presets that link with the sounds in the download then they will (or should be) heard when selected in the KK browser

Answers

• Brad Yost
    Brad Yost Member Posts: 350 Pro

In KK, when browsing FORM preset previews, right click and <find in Explorer> to see if the files actually exist as <filename.NRKT>.

Pick one (ex: Android Tension in FORM/Soundscapes) and see if it exists in this directory:

YOURDRIVE/YOURPREVIEWLOCATION/Previews\Samples\87151caa-811c-436b-84b5-c7d0510d4aca\Presets\Soundscapes\.previews.

• rumlee

yes the file is there, and i can play it too. the problem is not only with form. some play a preview sound, some dont. seems like massive woeks fine with all its sound in preview, its strange

• rumlee

acually its only massive, that is able to preview play sound

• rumlee

i found the solution. I had to download and install a preview package, and now it works. but i was not told this anywhere. i had to find out r5eading posts on the internet. but now its working yeaaa

• Brad Yost
    Brad Yost Member Posts: 350 Pro
    edited August 2022

Glad you're back to normal. I meant to post this link to you, but had to rush into a session.

[https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005154789-I-Cannot-Find-the-Native-Browser-Preview-Library-for-KOMPLETE-KONTROL]

It's not obvious, but there is a way to remove the previews and then reload them from Native Access if they get garbled. They also prefer to be located near the root of the drive (not deeply nested) because the file string location is too long for the system to locate at times.

• rumlee

Ok. The preview package was quite big, like 8 gb. How do I find the sounds in this package inside komplete kontrol?

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,535 Expert
    Answer ✓

You don't "find the sounds" they are just previews for the presets, if you have presets that link with the sounds in the download then they will (or should be) heard when selected in the KK browser

• rumlee

Tank you so much