How can I copy a sound AND its midi content?

bjg123
bjg123 Member Posts: 23 Member

I can see how to copy my Sound 1 to sound 2 slot etc so I have the same plugins on both. I was expecting the midi I'd recorded to also appear in slot 2, but not so. Is there a simple way without having to go into Sound 1 and copy all the midi data and then paste it (in the right place!) in Sound 2?

Thanks, Bernard.

Best Answer

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod
    edited August 2022 Answer ✓

It's possible to copy both if using the mouse, right-click the Pad/Sound and copy-paste.

EDIT: Or Using the Duplicate button, just make sure +Events and +Content are enabled while holding the button.

Answers

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert

Unfortunately for this one, the process you are using is the only way… copy paste the sound/instrument etc. and then copy/paste the midi events!!!

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,772 Expert

I haven't tried, but maybe saving Sound 1 to file and reading it to Sound 2 could also work.... I remotely remember, that I made something like that years ago....

• Blindeddie
    edited August 2022

Saving a sound does not save the Patterns associated with it, only Groups save Patterns (and Routing)

• D-One
    edited August 2022 Answer ✓

It's possible to copy both if using the mouse, right-click the Pad/Sound and copy-paste.

EDIT: Or Using the Duplicate button, just make sure +Events and +Content are enabled while holding the button.

• Jaheid19
    Jaheid19 Member Posts: 36 Member

Try and use the DUPLICATE button instead of copy and paste. "Hold DUPLICATE-Select Your pad you want to duplicate- Select an empty pad to duplicate too." This works for me and always has. I'm not sure how everyone else is unaware of this.

• Blindeddie
    edited August 2022

Well what do you know...never noticed the "+Events" button when in Duplicate mode...works like a charm!!!

• bjg123
    bjg123 Member Posts: 23 Member

Yes, + Events... works. I also see there is a + content. I tried that first and am not sure what it did!!

• D-One

Oh heck, I totally forgot about +Events... editing my reply.

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,302 Expert

From the Software Manual p 97, 6.2.6. Copying and Pasting Sounds

Note: In the software, Sounds are copied without their note content in the Pattern. To include the note content in the copying operation, use DUPLICATE on your controller (see below)!

Unfortunately, there is no “below” which explains Duplicate on the controller.

In the Maschine+ and Mk3 manual, Duplicate including +Events is explained.

I don’t see +Content mentioned anywhere.