Shift + Pad not working

tweakymonkey2
tweakymonkey2 Member Posts: 4 Member

Hello. I have moved to a Maschine Micro from Maschine MK3 and wonder if im missing something in the operation.

When I press shift + Any Pad, the command doesn't work. e.g. Shift + Pad 16 to move they keyboard roll up an octave. None of them work

The shift modifier button works for all other buttons but not for the pads.

Maybe the Micro has some sort of unlock function or a different driver, or something setup in the controller editor?

I assume I am just missing something and there is not something broken with the controller, any advice please? Thankyou for any help you can give

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    edited August 2022 Answer ✓

@tweakymonkey2 Pressing SHIFT + OCTAVE up or down only affects notes already written in a pattern, that's also the case for the Maschine MK3. On the Mikro MK3, to change the octave you need to have KEYBOARD enabled, then you can change the root note with the encoder by semitones or by octaves by pressing SHIFT and turning the encoder.

You can see this demonstrated around 2:26 on this video:

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    edited August 2022 Answer ✓

@tweakymonkey2 Pressing SHIFT + OCTAVE up or down only affects notes already written in a pattern, that's also the case for the Maschine MK3. On the Mikro MK3, to change the octave you need to have KEYBOARD enabled, then you can change the root note with the encoder by semitones or by octaves by pressing SHIFT and turning the encoder.

You can see this demonstrated around 2:26 on this video: