Guitar Rig 6 AAX fails to load in Pro Tools (not valid 64bit AAX)

mjjohnson
mjjohnson Member Posts: 2 Member
edited August 2022 in Guitar Rig & FX

I'm getting the following message now when I open ProTools: "The following plug-ins failed to load because they are not valid 64 bit AAX plug-ins: Guitar Rig 6.aaxplugin"

I am running macOS Monterey 12.5, and Pro Tools Studio 2022.7.0

All my other Native Instruments plugs are working (I have Komplete 13.) I even tried reinstalling Guitar Rig 6. Anyone else experiencing a similar issue?

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,319 mod
    Answer ✓

The usual fix for this issue is as follows:

1. Delete the AAX plug-in at this location: Mac HD > Library > Application Support > Avid > Audio > Plug-Ins
    2. Open Pro Tools / Close Pro Tools
    3. Reinstall Guitar Rig 6 with Native Access.
    4. Open Pro Tools again

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓

The usual fix for this issue is as follows:

1. Delete the AAX plug-in at this location: Mac HD > Library > Application Support > Avid > Audio > Plug-Ins
    4. Open Pro Tools again

• trewwatson
    trewwatson Member Posts: 6 Newcomer
    edited August 2022

I am experiencing this same issue and the suggested "usual fix" above did not fix it. I am also running macOS Monterey 12.5, and Pro Tools Studio 2022.7.0 on an Apple M1 Max with 64GB.

• Jeremy_NI
    edited August 2022

@trewwatson Do you get the same error message? Is Guitar Rig working in standalone ? Do ProTools and Guitar Rig have Full Disk Access ? How to Enable Full Disk Access on macOS

• trewwatson

Hi @Jeremy_NI Thank you for the quick response! To answer your questions:

1) Sorry, no error message

2) Yes

3) Yes, although I had to enable Full Disk Access for Native Access. I don't see Guitar Rig listed in the FDA folder.

After enabling FDA for Native Access I followed your original instructions above to delete the Guitar Rig AAX plugin and reinstall Guitar Rig, but unfortunately no change. I still don't see Guitar Rig in Pro Tools, but the AAX file is back in the Plug In folder. :(

• Jeremy_NI
  • trewwatson

@Jeremy_NI Pro Tools already had Full Disk Access.

• mjjohnson
    mjjohnson Member Posts: 2 Member

Thanks everyone. I think my problem might have been the full disk access thing. I had forgotten to check that.

• trewwatson
    edited August 2022

@mjjohnson glad it worked for you. @Jeremy_NI alas, Guitar Rig is still not showing up in my Pro Tools plug-ins. :(

• Jeremy_NI
    edited August 2022

@trewwatson It's not clear if you have added Guitar Rig in the list of applications that have Full Disk Access or not. In the article it is shown how to do this: How to Enable Full Disk Access on macOS

If Pro Tools and Guitar rIg 6 both have Full Disk Access and that doesn't solve the issue, then we'll contact you by email, we'll need some more information on your system.

• trewwatson

@Jeremy_NI Thanks Jeremy - yes, I have Full Disk Access enabled for Native Access and Pro Tools. Your help file only mentions Native Access and not Guitar Rig 6; however, I tried adding Full Disk Access for Guitar Rig 6 as well and following your instructions above for reinstalling Guitar Rig, but it still doesn't show up in Pro Tools.

• Jeremy_NI

@trewwatson I've contacted you by email. Hopefully we'll sort this out.

• trewwatson
    edited August 2022

@Jeremy_NI Thank you - excellent customer support!!

• electropointmusic
    electropointmusic Member Posts: 4 Newcomer
    edited September 2022

Hi, I'm having a similar issue. Every plugin that I update in Native Access is giving me this same error (not valid 64 bit AAX). I did Guitar Rig 6, Battery, and Massive and next time I opened Pro Tools I got the error so I stopped updating things that weren't Kontakt libraries.

Is this an issue for Monterey 12.5? And is there any fix?

• Jeremy_NI

@electropointmusic Have you tried the proposed fix in this thread ?

First thing is to make sure that Pro Tools has Full Disk Access: How to Enable Full Disk Access on macOS

And then the following:

4. Open Pro Tools again

Repeat with the other plug-ins.

That usually does the trick.

• electropointmusic
    electropointmusic Member Posts: 4 Newcomer

Thanks for your help.

Yes, I did that, but still no luck.