Traktor doesn't work across laptops /License doesnt appear in Native access

This is 2 pronged but they're related. In summary:

1: traktor 2 will not run on my 'new' laptop despite being installed and showing in Native Access

2: traktor 3 is installed and recognised by Native Access on my main dj laptop, but doesnt appear in my applications in Native Access on my other laptop or on the website.

1: I have a dj laptop but often prepare sets on my 'normal' laptop (eg during lunch at work). I updated my normal laptop recently but when i installed traktor 2 it simply wont run. It shows being installed in native access. the program is where it should be in the install path and there is an icon in the start menu and desktop. But it wont run. I've tried running as administrator-nothing. ive uninstalled/reinstalled repeatedly to no avail. I also uninstalled from my old 'normal' laptop incase i didnt have enough licenses. Nothing.

2: So I thought - I only have one install of traktor 3 on my dj laptop i'll use that - i should use it more than i do anyway. So i go to Native Access on my normal laptop - but Traktor 3 is not there. I try to add the serial (got from my dj laptop) - "invalid serial". Go to the web page - and its not under my products. But it runs on my dj laptop.

I even updated to Native Access 2 to try and rejig everything. Nothing.

I feel I've tried all the obvious stuff. Any ideas? (both laptops win10.)

thanks

*i know someone will ask - i play with DVS predominantly and trust traktor 2 more. i use 3 with a controller only.

Best Answer

• boredatwork
    boredatwork Member Posts: 12 Member
    Answer ✓

So in case this is helpful for anyone in the future we've got to the bottom of it. (thank you Terry from tech support)

1: Traktor 2 - this dont work on my new laptop because of the processor.

2: Traktor 3 - sooo.. the version of TP3 on my laptop is from an S3 I had for a while. I never registered the unit and it didnt stay part of my set up long. Evidently because of that it's technically not 'mine' and thus doesn't appear as licensed to me in NA or on the website. BUT I guess because it's on the DJ Laptop - it does appear locally installed on that machine and in that NA instance.

Answer: buy an upgrade license. Which i'll go do now ..

thanks everyone for helping.

Answers

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,772 Expert

And do not you have two NI accounts? One used on normal laptop and second on DJ laptop...

• boredatwork
    edited August 2022

Thanks for your response...

I dont think so.. I log in with the same email address to both and when i click the account the Native Access programmes show the same email address.

The only discrepancy (i can see) in the products across my computers is the Traktor 3 availability. Everything else (I have Kontact/Komplete/Maschine things) show across the bizarre collection of machines I've ammased over the years..

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,772 Expert

And what did you wanted to express by:

2: So I thought - I only have one install of traktor 3 on my dj laptop i'll use that - i should use it more than i do anyway. So i go to Native Access on my normal laptop - but Traktor 3 is not there. I try to add the serial (got from my dj laptop) - "invalid serial". Go to the web page - and its not under my products. But it runs on my dj laptop.

If TP3 is not listed on your NI user account, it cannot show in NA.... So, two accounts, if you have TP3 on DJ laptop.

• boredatwork

thank you...

I mean it could be possible - except everything else is the same, and its the same email address on both accounts. I've logged a ticket so hopefully with the serial they'll be able to track it down..

• boredatwork
    Answer ✓

So in case this is helpful for anyone in the future we've got to the bottom of it. (thank you Terry from tech support)

1: Traktor 2 - this dont work on my new laptop because of the processor.

2: Traktor 3 - sooo.. the version of TP3 on my laptop is from an S3 I had for a while. I never registered the unit and it didnt stay part of my set up long. Evidently because of that it's technically not 'mine' and thus doesn't appear as licensed to me in NA or on the website. BUT I guess because it's on the DJ Laptop - it does appear locally installed on that machine and in that NA instance.

Answer: buy an upgrade license. Which i'll go do now ..

thanks everyone for helping.

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,218 Expert

Why can't you register the S3 now?

• boredatwork

i havent had it for a couple years..it found a new home and since then ive gone back to DVS exclusively at home.