Traktor 3.5.3 Installing Unnecessary Drivers?

Puranon
Puranon Member Posts: 16 Member

How do you prevent Traktor from installing a ton of unnecessary hardware drivers?

Tagged:

Best Answers

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,732 mod
    Answer ✓

When you install there should be a popup with a pre-checked list of drivers to install. Simply uncheck the gear you don't own.

• Markovicz
    Markovicz Customer Care Posts: 381 mod
    Answer ✓

Creating a ticket will not help anyway - Native Access just behaves this way, and no matter what you or me or anybody else may think about it, it's just the way it is.

Bear in mind that these drivers neither consume much space nor interfere with any operation apart from using the specific hardware devices they are designed for.

Answers

• Sûlherokhh
    Answer ✓

When you install there should be a popup with a pre-checked list of drivers to install. Simply uncheck the gear you don't own.

• Puranon

Native Access does the installing (no options)

• zephry
    zephry Member Posts: 582 Pro

I wonder if there is a file folder where the drivers can be deleted all at once?

• Sûlherokhh

To delete the drivers, go into (for windows) settings ==> apps ==> select the driver you want removed ==> deinstall, one after the other. It's a pretty quick affair.

• Puranon

In a lower version of Traktor 3, these drivers were optional at the installer startup and could be manually selected.

• Sûlherokhh

It seems that the options only appear when you start the update-exe file by hand after downloading it instead of using native access for the update.

• Pesict
    Pesict Member Posts: 1 Member

erm, 90 clicks are a quick affair?

Do I realy have to create a ticket for that matter?

• Markovicz
    Markovicz Customer Care Posts: 381 mod
    Answer ✓

Creating a ticket will not help anyway - Native Access just behaves this way, and no matter what you or me or anybody else may think about it, it's just the way it is.

Bear in mind that these drivers neither consume much space nor interfere with any operation apart from using the specific hardware devices they are designed for.

• guitartoys
    guitartoys Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

I guess 471MB (at least that's within the folders under Native Instruments) is now just considered nothing?

This is stupid. If I initially install the software, and uncheck all of those boxes, then the upgrade process should see which drivers I have installed and only upgrade those. This is just lazy programming.