How to save custom song patterns in any Session Guitarist Library ?

Feko
Feko Member Posts: 3 Newcomer
edited August 2022 in Kontakt

When I enter a new pattern in an empty slot, the song is renamed "Custom" but if I move away from it, the changes don't stick - it reverts to the preset. And the manual makes no mention of doing anything special to retain.

Doesn't matter which song I modify (using "Clear All Slots" or any song having a few empty slots), it changes to custom, but "Custom" never sticks, and I can't figure out out to rename it to a custom song name or keep the configuration without manually setting it up.

Selecting empty slots

Choosing a new song pattern

Clicking away and coming back : custom pattern is lost !

Can somebody help ?

Best Answer

• Brad Yost
    Brad Yost Member Posts: 350 Pro
    Answer ✓

Insert your patterns (or add a pattern to an empty keyswitch slot) and then SAVE a snapshot with your custom song name.

It won't show up in the GUI, as that part of the script is not editable, but at least it should save all the patterns that you have chosen. Works for me.

In the header of the Kontakt instrument make sure the camera icon is active, click on the floppy disc icon, name your snapshot, and save. When recalling snapshots, Click on the down arrow to the left of the snapshot names, choose USER, and it should be there.

Answers

• Brad Yost
    Answer ✓

Insert your patterns (or add a pattern to an empty keyswitch slot) and then SAVE a snapshot with your custom song name.

It won't show up in the GUI, as that part of the script is not editable, but at least it should save all the patterns that you have chosen. Works for me.

In the header of the Kontakt instrument make sure the camera icon is active, click on the floppy disc icon, name your snapshot, and save. When recalling snapshots, Click on the down arrow to the left of the snapshot names, choose USER, and it should be there.

• Feko

Thank's Brad, it perfectly works when directly using a library.

But when loading a library in Komplete Kontrol (that was my case), I couldn't find the snapshot floppy disc icon. So I found out that it also worked by saving the custom pattern as a preset and recalling it.

You finally helped me more than expected cause I have now 2 solutions, depending on the way I load libraries.

🎯 That's really cool

• Brad Yost
    edited August 2022

@Feko

Even when in KK, if you change Kontakt to <edit> window mode, the snapshots can be accessed from there too.

• Feko

@Brad Yost

Cool ! 👍️