Both Open Key and Musical Key

Sacco Naz
Sacco Naz Member Posts: 125 Advisor
edited March 2023 in Share Ideas for Traktor Pro

It would be nice to se both Both Open Key and Musical Key at the same time....

Here is a picture example...

6 votes

Closed · Last Updated

This idea did not receive enough support from the community.

Comments

• Sacco Naz

Especially if you're using Ableton or Maschine or a synth and you want to match your key... In Traktor it is nice to use Open Key for Harmonic Mixing, but with external devises you also need to know the Musical Key simultaneously...

• Aquarobotics
    Aquarobotics Member Posts: 14 Helper

Yes! I was about to enter this same request. If you're playing with a musician it would be the easiest way to continually mix harmonically while being able to call out what musical key you're in, as well.

• Sacco Naz

Yeah thanks...! it should be a relatively simple update right?

• wayfinder
    wayfinder Member Posts: 341 Guru
    edited August 2022

Until this gets implemented, you can perhaps get some use out of the INITIALKEY mp3 tag (Key Text column) to at least see both values in the browser, if not in the track deck? That's how I do it. You would need to manually set the initial key value manually, but that's just twelve operations, because it's possible to batch edit the property

• mfaw
    mfaw Member Posts: 2 Member

nice shorts!

• Sacco Naz

Twelve operations? I'm not sure what you mean... could you elaborate please ?

• wayfinder
    wayfinder Member Posts: 341 Guru

Oops, it's 24 actually. One for every key: Select all tracks in that key, right-click -> edit -> update the Key Text/Initialkey field to add the secondary notation.

This discussion has been closed.