Is making plug-in visible without using mouse possible? Keyboard shortcut?

bjg123
bjg123 Member Posts: 23 Member

I like to use the mouse as little as possible. If I've added a plugin to a sound and then want to see the plug in I use the mouse to click where it says it is in the plug in chain. Is there a mouse -free way of doing this, and a mouse-free way of then making the plugin invisible. (Maschine does seem to be lacking in keyboard shortcuts.)

Thanks.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    Answer ✓

Yes, the Mk3… press the Plugin Button, select the plugin you want to open using buttons 5 & 6, press Shift and button 2 should say “Edit”…press that button, plugin interface will open.

Answers

• Blindeddie

No Keyboard shortcut to do that, that function is only available via the Maschine Controller.

• bjg123

When you say the controller do you mean, in my case, the Mk3? And if so how can I do it with the mk3?

Best wishes

Bernard

• Blindeddie
    Answer ✓

Yes, the Mk3… press the Plugin Button, select the plugin you want to open using buttons 5 & 6, press Shift and button 2 should say “Edit”…press that button, plugin interface will open.

• strg+v
    strg+v Member Posts: 61 Member

Sometimes the SW is much FASTER! Just CLICK the <- Plug-Symbol in the SW.... ;-)))

But yeah, a Keybord SHORTY is not avaible... NO Keybord-Shortys (by your own) are avaible!!!!

Thats and other ! 1998 behavior are a big MISS in SW 2..... Its TIME for SW version 3.... Which DONT mirrors HW/SW... the SW has ist OWN advantages and the HW has its advantages... If you "mirror" will slowdown BOOTH!

• bjg123

Blindeddie, you are a star. Thanks for the SHIFT EDIT answer. I'd have never thought of that... and it's led me on to discovering how to save my own presets in Maschine. How do you know so much stuff?? My next question coming very soon, about copying sounds AND their midi data.

A thousand thanks again.

• Blindeddie
    edited August 2022

”How do I know so much stuff?”

I read the whole manual!!!😵‍💫

and watched every YouTube video out there!!!

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,772 Expert

Just a programmer's note... Adding keyboard shortcut might be 1-2 minutes of work for one platform. One could do it in 20 seconds, if in hurry. ;-))))

• Kantum
    Kantum Member Posts: 4 Member

How can we make a feature request for this shortcut?

The shift edit solution is good, but having it in the software may be more convenient sometimes.

• bzyboy
    bzyboy Member Posts: 63 Helper

I find it quicker to accomplish using the software. Clicking the arrow circled below will display/hide any plugin selected.

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod
    edited June 2023

I just double-click the instrument but I'd love a shortcut keyboard for this.

In Ableton, I have one of my mouse extra buttons to trigger the shortcuts for GUI windows on/off, it might sound like a small thing but it really speeds up my workflow as I am constantly opening and closing windows.

Don't get your hopes up, I haven't seen keyboard shortcut additions ever, whoever is in charge of Maschine seems to have an aversion to improving anything GUI, keyboard, and mouse related.