Why do some instruments load and play fine, but others are almost silent?

Jrides
Jrides Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Hi,

New computer build. AMD 5950 X, with 64 GB of RAM.

When installing new libraries, some instruments play as expected and others will output no volume. For example the band instrument upright bass is the only one of the collection, which outputs almost no volume. This happens with no midi keyboard connected, in standalone mode. The volume meter in the top right corner shows a normal indication that sound is being triggered. This is the same as what I see with other instruments that are audible.

by opening the instrument in standalone mode, and turning off my keyboard, I am trying to eliminate DAW or controller related issues. However the problem still persists. I have also tried deleting and reinstalling the libraries. This issue shows up with an instrument in the factory library and with a third-party library, so far. I am certain that the samples are triggering, because I can see the fluctuating indicators, on the top right corner.

, I bought a collection of trumpet, trombone and saxophone from a third-party vendor. The trombone exhibits the same issue.

I cannot imagine that switching between instruments would delete or remove audio outputs in the preferences. These are new installations, none of them have had a batch re-save. Can someone help with this? I am at a loss regarding how to proceed with troubleshooting this.

Best Answer

• Brad Yost
    Brad Yost Member Posts: 350 Pro
    edited August 2022 Answer ✓

On the faulty instruments, check the output routing in Kontakt; out channel correct to your audio device, fader at unity in SAL mode.

Open the wrench icon in Kontakt and check volume & routing there as well.

Also check that no groups are muted or feeding FX that may be muted.

Answers

• Brad Yost
    Brad Yost Member Posts: 350 Pro
    edited August 2022 Answer ✓

On the faulty instruments, check the output routing in Kontakt; out channel correct to your audio device, fader at unity in SAL mode.

Open the wrench icon in Kontakt and check volume & routing there as well.

Also check that no groups are muted or feeding FX that may be muted.

• Jrides
    Jrides Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

I figured it out thank you!