I'm having some problemas with my Rig Kontrol 2

dias_henrique
dias_henrique Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
edited August 2022 in Other Software & Hardware

Hey, guys.

So, I bought a used Rig Kontrol 2 that arrived just two day ago. Everything was working perfectly. Today, out of the blue, the expression pedal stopped working. Note today's morning the expression pedal was working just fine, and for some reason it stopped mid playing. All the other controls are still working. Tried changing drivers, installing the windows anew, trying on a different PC, but to no avail. The pedal is perfect but for the expression pedal. I'm out of ideias, and begining to think I'm terribly unlucky and had a hardware failure just two day after purchase. Can some one guive some guidance? Thanks :)

Best Answer

• Brad Yost
    Brad Yost Member Posts: 350 Pro
    edited August 2022 Answer ✓

If your KR is going into your computer (you didn't mention platform or OS) the apps will sense it as a MIDI device and you can then control things like Guitar Rig, etc.

The above mentioned applications intercept the MIDI signal on it's way in the computer and tell you if they are working, as well as listing all the data passing through. This just eliminates any possible configuration issues with a DAW or a virtual instrument confusing you. If you move the Exp pedal the MIDI lites on the app will flash if it is sending data.

Additional info can be found HERE.

Note that the Kontrol Rig 2 is a deprecated device and is no longer supported hardware AFAIK.

Answers

• Brad Yost
    edited August 2022

You might use an app like MIDI-OX (PC) [Audio MIDI Setup Utility or MIDIMonitor on Mac] to determine if the expression pedal is putting out any data at all, and if so, confirming that it is sending on the correct MIDI channel & CC#. {one would assume channel 1 and CC11 or 7}

• dias_henrique
    dias_henrique Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Would I need a MIDI cable to check that? Because all i currently have is a USB cable, so I would need to buy one

• Brad Yost
    edited August 2022 Answer ✓

If your KR is going into your computer (you didn't mention platform or OS) the apps will sense it as a MIDI device and you can then control things like Guitar Rig, etc.

The above mentioned applications intercept the MIDI signal on it's way in the computer and tell you if they are working, as well as listing all the data passing through. This just eliminates any possible configuration issues with a DAW or a virtual instrument confusing you. If you move the Exp pedal the MIDI lites on the app will flash if it is sending data.

Additional info can be found HERE.

Note that the Kontrol Rig 2 is a deprecated device and is no longer supported hardware AFAIK.