Maschine+: Are "available" products (expansion packs) in settings / library just "available to buy"?

Sebastian
Sebastian Member Posts: 6 Member

Hi folks,

As I am completely new to maschine plus (bought that box yesterday) I have a very beginner question I couldn't find answered here, in the manual or in tutorials:

When maschine plus lists a lot of "available" expansions in the settings / library, does that mean they appear here as I already own them because I bought komplete ultimate two or three years ago and they are part of that so that I can just download them with maschine plus on my SD card with no additional costs?

Or does that just mean, NI shows me all that stuff I can buy additionally for a lot of money?

Thanks a lot

Sebastian

Best Answer

• Peter Harris
    Peter Harris Member Posts: 470 Pro
    Answer ✓

If you are seeing it in Native Access software as available or on the M+ directly then they're available to you at no extra charge to download into your SD card and/or computer. You would have to explicitly purchase new ones on their web site for them to charge you.

And yes, you're exactly right. Much of that stuff is probably available to you from older versions of Komplete that you owned and it's really fun to try the new stuff sometimes. Just keep in mind that many of those things in Native Access will only be useable when your Plus is connected via USB in controller mode (as opposed to standalone untethered to a PC).

Try it both ways sometimes; to me it's like getting two systems in one!

Answers

• Peter Harris
    Answer ✓

If you are seeing it in Native Access software as available or on the M+ directly then they're available to you at no extra charge to download into your SD card and/or computer. You would have to explicitly purchase new ones on their web site for them to charge you.

And yes, you're exactly right. Much of that stuff is probably available to you from older versions of Komplete that you owned and it's really fun to try the new stuff sometimes. Just keep in mind that many of those things in Native Access will only be useable when your Plus is connected via USB in controller mode (as opposed to standalone untethered to a PC).

Try it both ways sometimes; to me it's like getting two systems in one!

• Sebastian
    Sebastian Member Posts: 6 Member

Thank you so much, Peter!

I am really curious about what I can do with this box (or two systems in one).

As I really need one or two acoustic pianos on my M+ I'll surely find some in the expansions.

All the best,

Sebastian

• Peter Harris
    edited August 2022

My pleasure. You've got lots of fun ahead!

FYI the top level categories (Projects, Groups, Sounds, Instruments, etc.) in M+ can be a little confusing at first. For example I've seen people frustrated when they go to Instruments that "there really isn't a good piano." That's because many of the best options are the extensively multi-sampled ones under Sounds (then select Piano or Keys as type where there are MANY).

In M+ world Instruments are generally referring to software synths like FM8, Massive etc. which for real acoustic instruments are never going to sound as convincing.

If you don't mind using controller mode sometimes, you have a BUNCH of great pianos as Kontakt-based instruments like Noire (my fav), Alicia's Keys, The Gentleman, Una Corda, etc.