TSI keeps disappearing in the Default Settings/Controller

cazco
cazco Member Posts: 46 Member

It's the weirdest thing. When I save to the desktop no problem, the mapping stays put. However when I export to the Default Settings/ Controller where all my mappings are it disappears! I made the folder called it KORG because it didn't exist and put my Korg mappings in there. Two of them that I downloaded from someone else, seem to live quite happily but mine might stay there briefly but soon it disappear. The odd thing is though I don't think it deletes it. Sometimes I can get it showing in the Device Setup of the Controller Manager. Any ideas?!

Best Answer

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,966 mod
    Answer ✓

That's a good idea with the folder, if the tsi file is named correctly you can also put them directly in the settings folder and will find it quickly anyway.

Answers

• Uwe303

Hello,

i guess you are on windows, have you tried to check the ownership/rights of the folders, or set it like here: https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/take-ownership-folder-windows-10-using-file-explorer

• cazco

Hey @Uwe303 thanks for always being there! It is a Mac Pro M1Monterey. I never had this problem on previous Macs but I will check out what you are saying maybe there is a new permissions thing going on in this version. A click on the file shows I do have permission to write to it but maybe it is somewhere else but I am not sure where else it would be.

• Uwe303

Have you checked the permissions for the folder where you want to put the tsi file in?

• cazco

Is it the picture I posted above, if so yes it seems fine?

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,660 mod
    edited August 2022

Maybe put your KORG folder up one branch, instead of in \Settings\Default Settings just place them in \Settings. I have no idea if this really helps, but the Default Settings folder is used inside Traktor as a fixed menu to locate the standard mapping solutions for 3rd party devices. Maybe Traktor updates the content and structure of this folder unannounced.

• Uwe303
    Answer ✓

That's a good idea with the folder, if the tsi file is named correctly you can also put them directly in the settings folder and will find it quickly anyway.

• cazco

That is a good idea. I will give it a try. I am holding a copy on the desk top incase but will see if it sticks there, I will update! Thank you

• cazco

Yes it works in the settings folder, I will leave it there, many thanks