Migrate collection, settings etc. from Traktor Pro 2 to 3?

N4than
N4than Member Posts: 2 Member

Hey,

i just upgraded to the s4. This also means to bring my macbook up to date and in the final step to install traktor pro 3.

So my question here is: can i migrate my pro 2 collection to pro 3? And how can i do this?

This could save a lot of work. We are a dj team and there is literally thousands of tracks.

Best Answers

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,661 mod
    Answer ✓

Preferences --> File Management shows you the root directory for your Traktor version. Each version uses by default a different folder. Make a copy of your old traktor 2 root directory. After installing TP3 it will make a new root directory. Close Traktor, delete the new root directory and rename your copy of the old root directory so that it has the name of the new (TP3) directory. Restart Traktor. You should now have your old collection available in TP3.

If you have Remix sets in your old cellection you should first export all of them. Traktor has a history of problems with migrating Remix sets, this way you have the possibility of simply re-importing them.

• N4than
    Answer ✓

Thank you!

it wasn´t necessary at all.

TP3 automatically detects collections and all the other stuff from a previous installations and asks if it should adopt it.

Very handy!

Answers

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,661 mod
    Answer ✓

Preferences --> File Management shows you the root directory for your Traktor version. Each version uses by default a different folder. Make a copy of your old traktor 2 root directory. After installing TP3 it will make a new root directory. Close Traktor, delete the new root directory and rename your copy of the old root directory so that it has the name of the new (TP3) directory. Restart Traktor. You should now have your old collection available in TP3.

If you have Remix sets in your old cellection you should first export all of them. Traktor has a history of problems with migrating Remix sets, this way you have the possibility of simply re-importing them.

• N4than
    Answer ✓

Thank you!

it wasn´t necessary at all.

TP3 automatically detects collections and all the other stuff from a previous installations and asks if it should adopt it.

Very handy!