Using Multis in a template in Reaper

2»

Answers

• BillK@FalconHeights
    BillK@FalconHeights Member Posts: 16 Member

Thanks ED. I'll give it a try.

Any idea about my last point, about RCM not recognizing my attempts to "learn" the PC3 sliders unless I'm using my MIDI Controller setup?

Also odd that I don't get the problem when Automation is Armed and in Latch mode.

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,022 mod

No idea about either of those, sorry.

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,966 mod

Maybe one thing in general, i would not recommend to load all instruments in just one instance of kontakt, thats better for performance.

Uwe

• BillK@FalconHeights

ED, I tried alternate CCs for the PC3's sliders. In concept it works, but it still plays funny with some instruments and you get occasional glitches/jumpiness in the Kontakt instrument. After a lot of trial and error, I realized that if I want to use ReaControlReaper to add/control Automation Envelopes for all tracks (which I do), it works better just to add those two envelopes to every instrument (ie: do NOT try to have a custom SetUp in the PC3 to automatically have the sliders control Expression and Dynamics in the Kontakt library, just "Learn" Expression and Mod Wheel (Dynamics) in the RCM. As long as I'm not recording, having the Automation lanes Armed and Latched lets me play and still have the slider control. Simpler is best I guess.

Now I need to add those 2 lanes to every track.

Is there by any chance a slick way to add the same two automation lanes to a zillion tracks easily (without 14 steps each time)?😬

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,966 mod
    edited January 2022

You can create track templates

Uwe

• BillK@FalconHeights

Thanks Uwe!!

• BillK@FalconHeights

All is going well in my effort to create templates for my major libraries which will include Automation Lanes (made from ReaControlMIDI), that will be controlled with sliders on my keyboard.

I'm working on adding the automation lanes to Spitfire Albion one.

No problem adding lanes in Reaper for Expression and Dynamics (Mod wheel). The library also has a control for Vibrato, but Vibrato is not an option in ReaControlMIDI (probably because vibrato means different things to different people). In the Albion One instruments, Vibrato is controlled by CC21, so I assume that is the controller I want to add to Envelopes.

In ReaControlMIDI the closest controls I can get to this are CC 9+41, CC 14+26, CC 15+47, CC 20+52 and CC 21+53. Are one of these what I'd want? If so, how and where do I narrow it down to CC21? If not, what option do I use to control that function?

Thanks

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,022 mod

This is becoming a Reaper thread for Reaper forums :)

But you want to make sure Raw mode checkbox is ticked.

• BillK@FalconHeights

Sorry about that ED. Right you are. On the other hand. over the years, you have proved to be the most knowledgeable person on all these forums that I follow (and I luckily had your ear).