Any help for Komplete Kontrol software freeze while scanning plugins ?

Kay Boarder
Kay Boarder Member Posts: 23 Member
edited August 2022 in Komplete Kontrol

NI Komplete 12 Ultimate Collectors Edition.

When I launch Komplete Kontrol standalone,- it freezes while scanning plugins.

I recognize it hangs with Izotope "Iris 2" forever and I have to kill the process in task manager.

I´m on a 64Bit Windows machine and I don´t use NI hardware like controller keyboard or such.

🙂

Kay Boarder

Best Answers

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    edited August 2022 Answer ✓

Remove any instance of Iris plugin from the plugin scan path (Vst2 ".dll" files)

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    Answer ✓

Also resetting Komplete Kontrol's database can help in some cases. For this you need to delete this folder:

On Mac:

Mac HD > Users > Username > Library > Application Support > Native Instruments > Komplete Kontrol

Note: the User Library folder is hidden. To access it, click on Go in the menu bar and press down the Alt key. You'll now find the Library entry in the menu:

On Windows:

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Native Instruments\Komplete Kontrol

• Kay Boarder
    Answer ✓

Thx a lot guys.

I tried everything being advised and at the end of the day, uninstalling latest Komplete Kontrol and replacing it w/ the previous version fixed the issue.

A re-scan of plugins worked like a charme then.

No need to remove iZotope Iris 2 !

thx again,-

KB

Answers

• Blindeddie
    edited August 2022 Answer ✓

Remove any instance of Iris plugin from the plugin scan path (Vst2 ".dll" files)

• Kay Boarder
    edited August 2022

Hello,-

thank you !

Does that mean I can put Izotope Iris 2 back after Komplete Kontrol finished scanning plugins folders,- or should I uninstall the plugin completely and forever ?

Isn´t it NI and Izotope teamed up some time ago ? I cannot imagine the Iris 2 plugin not working w/ Komplete Kontrol forever.

🙂

Kay Boarder

• Blindeddie

I would not put it back because the next time you start KK, it will try to scan the plugin and hang again. This recommendation is to get you through the scan process so you can use KK. Your best bet would be to file a support request with Izotope to determine why the plugin will not scan properly in KK.

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,530 Expert

Sometimes if a plugin completely stalls it is asking for a serial or activation or update or something and the dialog box can sometimes be behind the splash of KK.

As mentioned, move plugin out, start KK then put plugin back and try do a plugin scan after KK has launched.

• Kay Boarder

Sorry, I was out of the office yesterday ...

Thx for replies,- I´ll try ASAP.

🙂

K. B.

• JesterMgee

Another trick which I literally just had to use is if the scanning stops and the app does not start, open task manager and simply kill the scanapp executable which is nested under the KK instance. This should kill that specific plugin scan and it will relaunch and continue on hopefully getting through the rest.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    Answer ✓

Also resetting Komplete Kontrol's database can help in some cases. For this you need to delete this folder:

On Mac:

Mac HD > Users > Username > Library > Application Support > Native Instruments > Komplete Kontrol

Note: the User Library folder is hidden. To access it, click on Go in the menu bar and press down the Alt key. You'll now find the Library entry in the menu:

On Windows:

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Native Instruments\Komplete Kontrol

• Kay Boarder
    Answer ✓

Thx a lot guys.

I tried everything being advised and at the end of the day, uninstalling latest Komplete Kontrol and replacing it w/ the previous version fixed the issue.

A re-scan of plugins worked like a charme then.

No need to remove iZotope Iris 2 !

thx again,-

KB

• bassinit
    bassinit Member Posts: 2 Member

Confiming the blow worked for me!

Another trick which I literally just had to use is if the scanning stops and the app does not start, open task manager and simply kill the scanapp executable which is nested under the KK instance. This should kill that specific plugin scan and it will relaunch and continue on hopefully getting through the rest.

• spoida
    spoida Member Posts: 2 Member

This happened to me for a number of VST(i)s - including Iris 2.

What worked for me was killing the Komplete Kontrol process each time it hung, and then opening my DAW (Reaper) and loading an instance of the VST that it was stuck on. Then I closed my DAW and tried opening Komplete Kontrol again - had to do this a number of times for about 3-4 separate VST(i)s but eventually Komplete Kontrol completed the scan successfully and I didn't have to uninstall/downgrade anything.

• JesterMgee

Iris 2 is buggy as hell under VST3 and Win11 (and from what I hear macOS too). I've discontinued NKS support for it after contacting Izotope about how just selecting the VST3 version in KK or Maschine causes a full crash of the program. Basically their response is "we have no plans to update this plugin, but thanks for the report...."

The VST2 works fine but don't count on VST3 ever working nor any M1 support.

• imagevoice
    imagevoice Member Posts: 24 Member

same problem here after doing the update to the newest version of komplete. but also maschine 2 software stucks while scanning :-( its not reproducable for a special plugin here - izotope runs through but spitfires sampler for BBC, Hammers, etc. is often one of them.

• Sterling W
    Sterling W Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Mine keeps hanging on Slate SSD5 and something in Waves. I will try some of these tricks. But I am not dependent upon Komplete Kontrol and I do not need it as much as I need the third party plugs. Those will stay.

• larslinq
    larslinq Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

This has been a problem as long time back as I remember. The best soultion would be for Native to fix the bugs

• JesterMgee

In almost all cases, the stop in scanning is due to the plugin, not KK. From my especience, usually when either a plugin needs to activate itself or if there is an issue with the license (Waves would be notorious for this) it can halt, sometimes displaying a small popup that is hidden behind the KK startup splash image.

In Windows I will usually Alt+Tab to see if there are other windows displayed anywhere or if a plugin refuses to scan and for no real reason, simply remove that plugin from the plugin path, start KK again and wait for it to complete the scan then put it back again.

With close to 700 plugins in my install, I don't have any that wont scan.