Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk2 replacement keys

vad777
vad777 Member Posts: 45 Member
edited August 2022 in Komplete Kontrol

need to buy a single replacement white key for Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk2.

Tagged:

Comments

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,530 Expert

Would have to ask support direct but I doubt they offer individual keys

• RedwardMc
    RedwardMc Member Posts: 84 Advisor
    edited August 2022

Contact support, maybe you can send it back for a refurbished one or repair for a fee

• vad777
    edited August 2022

contacted support, but I doubt they will be helpful, because I had issues previously with A61 Midi Controller and S61 MK1, and both times I contacted NI support.

had second-hand bought A61 for 2nd studio, which after few weeks developed and issue with mod wheel randomly transmitting data, NI support quoted for repair more then what I paid for the A61 used.

also had S61 Mk1 that I bought NEW, after 4 years or so the pitch bend and mod wheel ribbons started acting up. Don't remember what exactly how NI support wasn't helpful, probably also quoted a big number for repair, anyways at that time but I ended up selling the S61 mk1 AS-IS.

I tried to avoid buying Komplete Kontrol again due to so many issues with them and expensive repair quotes. But I like the keybed feel and the NKS integration.

• vad777

Support quoted me $89 for repair / refurbished replacement. I agreed and paid 3 days ago.

One thing I don't understand is about the shipping, I was told that the fee includes shipping and handling, but haven't received the shipping label still.

When I asked support about the shipping label I was told "You can print this using any printer using any paper. You will just need to tape it to the box when you are sending it in. "

but still didn't receive the shipping label. They sent me the invoice like 3 times but no shipping label.

Best regards,

• Nico_NI
    Nico_NI Administrator Posts: 1,124 admin

Support should provide a return label, let them know you did not receive it yet. They'll get back to you asap.

• Theo van de Ven
    Theo van de Ven Member Posts: 43 Member

Did you break it and in that case : do you have all the parts? Its very easy to glue keys with superglue.

• vad777

They finally sent me a return label

• vad777

They received the Keyboard from me. But after about a week of no communication from NI, I messaged them and they replied:

“We apologize for this delay. Unfortunately we are currently out of stock of this device, we expect to receive more soon at which point we will mail you your replacement ASAP.”

it has been almost a month now messaging NI support back and forth and still to be stuck at this situation.

took over a week of messaging to have them approve the repair, then about a week just to get them to send me a return label. Then a about week until they replied that they received it..

• lonesbeats
    lonesbeats Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

their support is trash. all i needed was a spare as well. i think it's stupid to pay $89 for a whole repair service for one key replacement which I can do myself.

• Simchris
    Simchris Member Posts: 211 Advisor

the S61 mk2 uses common fatar keybed .... companies like syntaur and others offer replacement keys and keybeds... e.g.,https://www.synth-parts.com/en/products/keyboard/fatar-keyboards/?p=1