Importing a midi song into Maschine group

astrochump
astrochump Member Posts: 10 Member
edited August 2022 in Maschine

Hi,

Right Click on Group > Import MIdi

What happens is that some of the midi notes are assigned to the same channels so they overlap. Hopefully the picture illustrates this. Ideally I'd like them to be separated out.

Is there a way?

Thanks

Tagged:

Best Answers

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    Answer ✓

Can you upload the midi file? Maschine will assign separate channels to individual slots, so first, change to Keyboard mode to see the events in piano roll view...pattern view can be misrepresentative of the actual midi.

• awol9000
    awol9000 Member Posts: 69 Advisor
    edited August 2022 Answer ✓

I've found that loading midi files into Reaper (Cockos) gives you the option to have them loaded into separate tracks. Most of the time they're labeled too (bass, guitar, drums). Then I can drag them into Maschine to the appropriate group.

Answers

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    Answer ✓

Can you upload the midi file? Maschine will assign separate channels to individual slots, so first, change to Keyboard mode to see the events in piano roll view...pattern view can be misrepresentative of the actual midi.

• awol9000
    awol9000 Member Posts: 69 Advisor
    edited August 2022 Answer ✓

I've found that loading midi files into Reaper (Cockos) gives you the option to have them loaded into separate tracks. Most of the time they're labeled too (bass, guitar, drums). Then I can drag them into Maschine to the appropriate group.

• astrochump
    astrochump Member Posts: 10 Member

Thank you both. Piano Roll view solved the immediate (non) problem! Getting them labelled by Reaper sounds useful too.