Maschine 2 Sample Error

Elena
Elena Member Posts: 35 Member
edited August 2022 in Maschine

Hello again and thanks for the help I get here every time I'm asking for it.

I have a recurrent issue with my Expansion samples, located on my external hardware. Maschine fails to load them and displays a Sample Error for the projects that use other samples than the Factory ones.

Where should I locate them correctly or how to help Maschine 2 learn their location?

In the Native Instruments app, the Content Location is already set to my external hardware (since the moment when Maschine2 was installed). But the software still fails to see the samples folder. (I have to reopen every non-factory sample, every time I open the project).

Also. as I understood, I can't add the Expansions samples location to Preferences > Libraries > User, because that would override them in the Factory tab.

So, shortly the question is: where should I locate my expansion samples and how to make Maschine soft learn their location? If you have any advice, please help. Thanks.

Tagged:

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

Hey @Elena Can you post a screenshot of that error message ? Where did you install the expansions exactly ? Can you copy the full path here ? What is the format of your external hard drive ? Does the Maschine software have Full Disk Access ? How to Enable Full Disk Access on macOS

• Elena
    edited August 2022

Thanks for the reply and advices. My xternal hard drive format is ExFAT.

Here are the screenshots

I probably made some mistakes when naming the folder or when creating the path.

• Jeremy_NI

Ex Fat hard drives can cause this kind of issues, we strongly recommend formatting your drive to APFS, as explained in this article: Notes on Network Drives and Disk Formats

• Elena

Oh ok. I didn't know that. Thanks a lot.

• Jeremy_NI

You're welcome! Let us know when you re-format the drive if the issue is 100% gone.

• Elena

Yes, thanks, hopefully I'll manage to re-format it without damages:) or I'll just get a new one.