Maschine + SD card not appearing on Apple desktop.

jbucklin
jbucklin Member Posts: 17 Member
edited January 2022 in Maschine

All I want to do is transfer 2-4 measure loops to my Mac so I can import them as audio files into Logic. I'm tired of trying to use the Machine + as a standalone unit (most exasperating piece of gear I've ever tried to learn). I watched the MacPro Video tutorial and succeeded one time in getting the SD card to appear on the desktop of my computer but never found the audio file that I thought was stored there. So I tried again (and again and again) and now I don't see the SD card on the desktop at all. I've restarted both the Maschine and my computer several times and no cigar. Can anyone help me?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,349 Expert
    edited January 2022 Answer ✓

How do you try to mount the SD card:

1. Connect M+ via USB and go to Setzings>System>Storage?
    2. Shut down M+, remove SD card from M+ and insert into card reader?

In my experience, macOS is generally mounting SD cards rather reluctantly. I always have to wait a couple of minutes for an SD card to appear regardless of method, but I found Storage Mode to wirk slightly better than the integrated card reader of my 2013 MacBook Pro.

Audio files of your loops are only available if you exported them. Haven’t done that because I generally copy the Orijects over to the Maschine 2 Software on the Mac in order to finish them or export mixes.

Answers

• ozon
    edited January 2022 Answer ✓

How do you try to mount the SD card:

1. Connect M+ via USB and go to Setzings>System>Storage?
    2. Shut down M+, remove SD card from M+ and insert into card reader?

In my experience, macOS is generally mounting SD cards rather reluctantly. I always have to wait a couple of minutes for an SD card to appear regardless of method, but I found Storage Mode to wirk slightly better than the integrated card reader of my 2013 MacBook Pro.

Audio files of your loops are only available if you exported them. Haven’t done that because I generally copy the Orijects over to the Maschine 2 Software on the Mac in order to finish them or export mixes.

• jbucklin
    edited January 2022

Thanks for you helpful reply! I did export the audio. I’m assuming that means it gets stored on the SD card? Does this piece gear drive you as crazy as it does me? I need to sit with someone who knows it inside/out. I live in Dallas and don’t know anyone who owns one. When I ask people about it they all say they heard it was next to impossible to learn the damn thing!

• jbucklin

Actually, I got it to work! I imported the audio file into an audio track in Logic! Thanks again!!

• ozon
    edited January 2022

Sorry to hear you have a hard time with Maschine. It took me some time to wrap my head around the basic concepts but once I had that down, it became quite fun to create music and explore more of the vast set of possibilities.

To me, some of the best learning resources are the TruTorials by NI and the video tutorials by Jeff Gibbons.

• jbucklin
    edited January 2022

The only person I’ve met who owns one and has learned it was a guy who worked at Guitar Center. I asked him how long it took him to learn it and he said two years of spending at least two hours a day on it. I asked him if I could pay him to teach me. He said he was about to be transferred to a GC in another city.