Moving Sounds from Maschine 2 to Maschine+ not working properly

Dazling
Dazling Member Posts: 4 Member
edited August 2022 in Maschine

Hello,

The other night I tried copying Hybrid Sounds folder (Which is not part of the sound library on Maschine +) from Maschine 2 folder structure on my PC onto the "user content" folder on my Maschine + SD card.

I can see the folder and sounds on Maschine+ from "User Sounds", and I can pre-listen to the sounds as I scroll through them, however they simply won't load? šŸ™„ Any ideas?

Thanks

Regards

Tagged:

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    edited August 2022

Hey @Dazling If the Hybrid Sounds folder you mean is part of the Rise & Hit library, these are not samples but Kontakt instrument files. If you wish to turn a Kontakt instrument that is not part of the Maschine+ factory library, you should record it using the autosampler feature:

• Dazling

Hello,

Thanks for the advice, but having to auto sample all of the library's that I got by purchasing products from NI will take ages, if I am hearing a pre-sound then there must be a simple way to access those WAV files.

Excuse the pun, but it sounds insane I can't transport my libraries onto other devices such as my Maschine +.

But again I appreciate your advice and option to solve the problem.

• Jeremy_NI

Hey @Dazling Are there any wav files in the folder you mentioned? Is it indeed part of the Rise and Hit Kontakt library?

Please note that only a limited of instruments are available on Maschine Plus, you can find a list in the FAQ: https://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/maschine/production-systems/maschine-plus/faq/

• Dazling

Hello

I would need to check, I read on youtube you could simply copy the folder e.g Hybrid, and place it in the User content and have access to the sounds in that folder.. Clearly all that provide is a pre-sound check.

And to answer your second statement, that's the soul reason why I am trying to use samples from Maschine 2 as there are limited sounds on Maschine +, but it appears NI make it either extremely difficult, or its a limitation they didn't expect, either way it prevents me from producing and expanding my songs on Maschine +.

I hope NI read these comments, its really frustrating spending 10's Thousands on studio equipment and being limited by Software.

• Jeremy_NI
    edited August 2022

You can copy folders if they consist of audio files like Wavs or sounds from instruments that are supported on Maschine Plus, not if they are Kontakt files, that's why I asked you what was inside this Hybrid folder you mention. And yes, we are reading this ;) and forward your comments to the respective teams.

• Koldunya
    Koldunya Member Posts: 14 Member
    edited August 2022

Maschine+ will not work with Kontakt libraries that utilize Kontakt Player (ie anything requiring a serial and downloaded via Native Access).

The demos you're hearing are just from the nks presets, they come with an associated sound file to preview them and it will play those as you scroll through presets.

I would love it if there was an easier way to get Kontakt Player libraries onto the Maschine+ but they would all have to be individually vetted by NI and I doubt they have the resources for all that. Tbh I personally wouldn't mind having to vet them myself, but too many users would get irate, fussy, flood them with support requests, etc, I imagine, even if there was a disclaimer on every download lol... oh well. I don't blame NI for not wanting to deal with all that.

• Dazling

Hello

Thank you for that descriptive explanation, I appreciate and understand a bit more now. I wish NI had not over complicated the file system, and simplified it.

In affect whilst the Maschine + can produce on the fly, I cannot transport my ideas onto the Maschine 2, because I will want to mature them with different sounds that are not available on Maschine + this is very restrictive.

I'm still a bit confused about vetting sounds? Why do the sounds need to be checked (vetted). Is this down to quality, I just don't understand, as they are simple wav files, can't they just get thrown around?

• Jeremy_NI

For Kontakt instruments they are not simple wav files, that's the thing. It's a proprietary format,