Tuning one note in Spitfire Chamber Strings doesn't work

MonkeyMagic
MonkeyMagic Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
edited August 2022 in Kontakt

I'm trying to correct an out of tune note in Spitfire's Chamber Strings, I've not done this before.

I go to Mapping Editor, select the relevant zone, and adjust the tuning in the grey box directly above the Zone Grid - and nothing seems to happen. It's definitely the right zone, but I've tried adjusting other zones and trying to adjust volumes etc. as well - nothing seems to change.

Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,023 mod
    edited August 2022 Answer ✓

I think Spitfire's internal script handles tuning in some cases, which might (or is very likely) overwrite whatever you do at zone level (for example if they are using relative tuning mode for change_tune()). Not much you can do about that unfortunately.

That said - there are multiple mics, are you 100% sure you did the same zone tuning tweak across all mics?

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,637 mod

Hey @MonkeyMagic scripts can differ from one another, it might be good to ask Spitfire directly about that one, unless @EvilDragon has more insight, maybe? In any case always save your modified instruments as a new nki, this way you can experiment with no risk!

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,023 mod
    edited August 2022 Answer ✓

I think Spitfire's internal script handles tuning in some cases, which might (or is very likely) overwrite whatever you do at zone level (for example if they are using relative tuning mode for change_tune()). Not much you can do about that unfortunately.

That said - there are multiple mics, are you 100% sure you did the same zone tuning tweak across all mics?