Fade to grey FX in Maschine mk3?

Claude
Claude Member Posts: 3 Member
edited August 2022 in Maschine

Hi all,

new to Maschine. Coming from Ableton. How to make a fade to grey effect on Maschine mk3?

Couldn't find any answer here or in the www.

Thanks.

Tagged:

Comments

• Tony Jones
    Tony Jones Member Posts: 261 Pro

Presumably you chain an EQ to a delay? I guess you want control in real time as well?

• Claude

@Tony Jones

yep, good guess. I would love to have a "one-knob-fade-to grey" in real time. I am kind of surprised that this isn’t a stock FX which comes with Maschine mk3 Software....

Must be a chain of EQ, Delay and a Wet/Dry. Haven’t been successful yet...

• Tony Jones
    Tony Jones Member Posts: 261 Pro

It seems it's a unique to Ableton thing. Never heard of it before! Thanks for teaching about something new

• darkwaves
    darkwaves Member Posts: 336 Guru

The first video for it on google seems to indicate it's just someone's rack. Not something built into ableton?

I don't think you can have multiple modulation controls connected to a single controller in maschine. At least I couldn't figure out how to do it in the few minutes I just played around. I also didn't see a way to invert controls.

It would be pretty simple to build in reaktor though.

• tribepop
    tribepop Member Posts: 160 Advisor

You can make whatever FX chains you want and export the group or sound (see the manual on how to do this) so that you ca. add it to your project template or on the fly. I also recommend browsing the group presets that you can import that contain FX chains and configurations for certain FXs.

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod
    edited August 2022

@darkwaves said:

I don't think you can have multiple modulation controls connected to a single controller in maschine. 

Correct. We can't map a knob to several fx, Macros can only control one parameter, as soon as you map a second one the first deletes itself.

The only way to do it in Maschine would be with an external MIDI device that has the ability to send several CC's with one knob or use some external software that is able to virtually do the same... Assuming "fade to grey" = 3 fx controlled by a single knob.

I guess another option could be to create a custom Reaktor ensemble but that's not really trivial for the average person.

EDIT: It seems like someone already made one, works nicely from a quick test, get it here if you have Reaktor:

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/reaktor-community/reaktor-user-library/entry/show/9445/

• Claude

@D-One

Thank you for your helpful reply. Will Check Out the Reaktor One. 👍🏻

• tribepop
    tribepop Member Posts: 160 Advisor

Thanks for sharing that, I was able to pull it in but it doesn’t sound anything like the Effect in Ableton unless I’m not using it properly. From what I remember, you could probably get pretty close just using the “crossover” option on the beat delay device while automating some of those other knobs but yeah it would be nice to have a single macro knob to control all of that.