Using Guitar Rig 6 with Cubase 10.

Abram46
Abram46 Member Posts: 3 Member
edited August 2022 in Guitar Rig & FX

Hi, does anyone know how I can use Guitar Rig 6 as a plugin with Cubase 10.

I have watched some YouTube posts but they are about 8 years old, they make it look very simple just copy the Guitar Rig dll file to the VST plugins file in Cubase but none of them work.

Can anyone help...

Many thanks

Tony

Best Answers

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    edited August 2022 Answer ✓

Instead of moving the dll file from its installed location (not recommended by NI), just go to the C10 VST manager and add the install path to the list of paths scanned, then rescan…

Edit, forgot to mention GR6 has a VST3 version that should be detected since it is installed to the "Industry Standard" default location... C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3

• Abram46
    Answer ✓

Many thanks Blindeddie for taking the time to give me an answer, everything is up and running.😁

Regards

Tony

Answers

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    edited August 2022 Answer ✓

Instead of moving the dll file from its installed location (not recommended by NI), just go to the C10 VST manager and add the install path to the list of paths scanned, then rescan…

Edit, forgot to mention GR6 has a VST3 version that should be detected since it is installed to the "Industry Standard" default location... C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3

• Abram46
    Answer ✓

Many thanks Blindeddie for taking the time to give me an answer, everything is up and running.😁

Regards

Tony