Midi Mapping The Mod Wheel

Ty1ore
Ty1ore Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
edited August 2022 in Komplete Kontrol

So I have a Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk2, as well as Albeton 11, I had the same set up before I got a new computer except with Ableton Suite 10, and I remember using the Mod Wheel of the S61 to control the volume to the tracks on Ableton, I did some research and saw that the Mod Wheel isn't able to be midi mapped on the the device... is there some work that I did or something?

Best Answer

• Brad Yost
    Brad Yost Member Posts: 350 Pro
    edited August 2022 Answer ✓

The Mk2 keyboards have PDF manuals downloadable here:

Section 6 shows you where to access the MIDI editor (in KK SAL mode only), and Section 10.1 allows you to assign knobs, buttons, keys, pedals, and the Touch Strip. AFAIK Pitch & Mod wheels are unavailable on the Mk2 series. Mk1 series could assign the Pitch & Mod touch strips to any CC#.

Maybe you could use the TS for CC7 (vol) or CC11 (expression) instead, or obtain an expression pedal for CC's.

Answers

• Brad Yost
    Brad Yost Member Posts: 350 Pro
    edited August 2022 Answer ✓

The Mk2 keyboards have PDF manuals downloadable here:

Section 6 shows you where to access the MIDI editor (in KK SAL mode only), and Section 10.1 allows you to assign knobs, buttons, keys, pedals, and the Touch Strip. AFAIK Pitch & Mod wheels are unavailable on the Mk2 series. Mk1 series could assign the Pitch & Mod touch strips to any CC#.

Maybe you could use the TS for CC7 (vol) or CC11 (expression) instead, or obtain an expression pedal for CC's.