Saving Patterns

NickinFrance
NickinFrance Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

Hello

This may be a daft question, but anyway....

I recently switched PC, and my old one had Maschine v1.8.2 Software. On this, you could save Patterns, and I did this all the time.

I've downloaded Maschine onto my new PC, but it is version 2.15.2 and it seems you cant do this now ? Basically, I had old projects where if I open them, I can't see all the patterns I used before, and there's no way to load them ?

This seems a very fundemental change in the way it works - is this right ? Or am I just missing something ?

Thanks

Nick

Comments

• PK The DJ
    PK The DJ Member Posts: 1,002 Guru

I agree it seems really odd (to me) that patterns are not separate things, but are tied to a group.

To me, patterns should be separate and available to any group.

If I load a group and like the sounds, I might think it'd work really well with that pattern I made last week. Well, where is that pattern? Oh I can't search for it.

I have to remember the name of the group it was in instead, then load that group in order to get to the pattern. Then I have to figure out how to copy the pattern from one group to another (assuming that can be done).

For example I'd like to make a bunch of patterns in different styles, then save them as patterns so I can browse them and load an appropriate style to the group I'm using.

I'm on a Maschine+ by the way, so I can't even use MIDI files to get around this limitation.

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,302 Expert
    edited August 2022

it seems really odd (to me) that patterns are not separate things, but are tied to a group.

Since Patterns concern all Sounds of a Group, and a Group can contain a random collection of (up to 16 tuned or untuned) Sounds, a Pattern without the respective Sounds may become pretty meaningless. Therefore it can be argued that Patterns naturally belong to the Group.

However, there are many practical situations where export and import of Patterns would be useful, also for just a single Sound.

Maybe we should have an additional entity: A Sequence for a single Sound.

• awol9000
    awol9000 Member Posts: 69 Advisor
    edited August 2022

Patterns were discontinued with Maschine 2.0 (with the addition of midi file support). I have no idea why they thought that was a good idea, I loved importing random patterns into kits.

• PK The DJ
    PK The DJ Member Posts: 1,002 Guru

I've been considering a workaround, which is:

Create groups which are just used as storage for patterns of a particular style - so for example I could put a bunch of House patterns together in a group (without sounds) and name that group "House Patterns" so that I can find it easily.

Then If I load up a group that has cool sounds and I want to load one of those House patterns, it's easy to find and copy the relevant pattern coz I know where they are.

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod
    edited August 2022

This has been requested many, many times.

They just removed it for no apparent reason and never added it back, I would love to be able to only load patterns mainly because if you're organized and place your drums in the same Pads then you could try a bunch of pre-saved stored patterns... Most software that has Patterns and step sequencing offer this. 😡

The only workaround is to export MIDI but you can't browse MIDI from the browser or tag it.

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,302 Expert

… and you can neither export nor import MIDI on the M+.

• Impermanence
    Impermanence Member Posts: 123 Advisor

I find this a reasonable request. Any comments from the House?

• Cassiano
    Cassiano Member Posts: 1 Member

Waiting for this feature - apparently.