The Kontakt Playback Volume Question

digitalaudio84
digitalaudio84 Member Posts: 2 Member
edited August 2022 in Kontakt

I have the confusion of playback volume between MIDI keyboard (currently I am using NI S88) and click on the Kontakt screen keyboard. It seems that Kontakt screen keyboard always play much louder sound than MIDI keyboard. Clicking Kontakt screen keyboard can easily make velocity 127 sound (always), but playing MIDI keyboard with hardest strike only making velocity around 105 - 110, WHY?? Is there some MIDI data limiter function need to adjust?

DA

Thanks.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Brad Yost
    Brad Yost Member Posts: 350 Pro
    Answer ✓

Also note that even the Kontakt virtual keyboard is velocity sensitive; lower if clicked at the top of the key, higher if clicked at the bottom (most instruments in my experience).

Answers

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert

you might want to check the velocity response that the KB is set for...check the manual section 8.6. Keyboard Settings (page 61) on the different velocity response settings.

• digitalaudio84
    digitalaudio84 Member Posts: 2 Member

Thanks, I will check the velocity response that the KB setting first. Thanks again.

• Brad Yost
    Brad Yost Member Posts: 350 Pro
    Answer ✓

Also note that even the Kontakt virtual keyboard is velocity sensitive; lower if clicked at the top of the key, higher if clicked at the bottom (most instruments in my experience).