Moving and deleting Factory and User Library

strg+v
strg+v Member Posts: 61 Member
edited August 2022 in Maschine

I love the "quick-search"... but i hate this JUMP from USER-to FACTORY and eg. Maschine 1.8...

I´m absolutly not INTERSSED in any PACKS/Expansions... thats not my kind of work...... I would PAY for more/better (FUNCTION) UPDATES but not not for new Presets/Samples/New Icons/ 0ther "special folder" !-Level-higher-Library stuff...

For my searching: I want FULL_ACCESS to ALL "Rim-snares-like XY" in any Pack/EXPANSION... i do not want this 1 odr "empty2 beacause i am the wrong Vendor....

THIS extra-level is to much for my needs!

If i import/duplicate these samples to my user-Browser... i can TAG by myself...

and thats more more usable FOR ME!

My qeustion i woluld like to just MOVE the whole Fac-Lib and delete and delete all stuff i dont need ... The setting USER is ALLWAYS my starting point... does that work.... if the FAC_LIB is completly "empty"???? I dont need duplicates...

Comments

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod
    edited August 2022

You can duplicate the "Maschine 2 Library" and name the folder something else, "Maschine 2 Library custom" or something, add it as a user lib in the preferences then uninstall the lib... The new dupe will then show up in the USER browser section. You can do the same for expansions if you own any.

I'm not sure what happens if the lib gets an update that has breaking changes tho, all your work of deleting extra content you don't need might go out the window if you have to update it.

For example: Say you did this before the Audio Module was introduced, samples then were all the same but after there is a distinction between loops and one-shots, so if you updated Maschine it wouldn't be able to read the new tags it expects since the lib is older so it does not have them, then your lib is a bit messed up and the only way to fix it is manually tagging thousands of sounds or copying the new version of the lib and re-doing all your custom work.

• strg+v

Thx D-One! Well, i see this problem with the update too! So maybe i will leave the ord-LIB on their dedicated place and just duplicate the sounds/samples i realy like to my LIB.

BTW: TAG-Editor - Is there a Show-NOT function??? If i import a bunch of my own (tag-free) samples i have a big problem to see the new ones for first (initial) tagging them??? In the case i want to see just my new ones for intital tagging them!

IF i tag the files in FINDER - it seems Maschine can not read this???

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,301 Expert
    edited August 2022

Unfortunately, there’s no negation (show not) function available. However there’s a couple of tricks to work with your own samples:

• You can navigate the folder structure instead of using the tag browser to drill down to a selection of samples. If all your new samples are in the same folder they can be tagged together in this way.
    • The tags are written into the samples. Therefore you can use a „tagging folder“ and then move them to their target destination in your library structure after tagging.
    • If you create your own samples, tag them with your name as creator / vendor first. So you can easily separate your own from other content if needed.
  • strg+v
    • You can navigate the folder structure instead of using the tag browser to drill down to a selection of samples. If all your new samples are in the same folder they can be tagged together in this way.
    • The tags are written into the samples. Therefore you can use a „tagging folder“ and then move them to their target destination in your library structure after tagging.

Nope, if i in files-view (instead of library) i can not tag the files - there is just an (I)nfo tab where in Library-View the edit tab is!

What do you mean with "tagging folder" (on my HD in Finder/Exploerer)??? As said my finder tags seems not readable by Maschine?

• ozon
    edited August 2022

Nope, if i in files-view (instead of library) i can not tag the files - there is just an (I)nfo tab where in Library-View the edit tab is!

You're right. That doesn't work (anymore?). Then I can't remember how I did it when adding a number of vintage drum machine sample libraries.

Maybe by adding the directories containing the samples as User Library paths, and then selecting those in the browser…

What do you mean with "tagging folder" (on my HD in Finder/Exploerer)??? As said my finder tags seems not readable by Maschine?

Finder tags and Maschine tags are something completely different.

But you can set up a directory outside of your standard user content folder as User Library path, which then is known and parsed by Maschine.

• strg+v

THANKS!

Fisrt off all an BTW: How did you made your quote-stunts??? Iám to blind to "quote" you and deleting unesscarry stuff/passages????This site, is like NI stuff,;- Very SPECIAL ;-)

###############

Back to THEMA

I "qoute" you

""" You're right. That doesn't work (anymore?). Then I can't remember how I did it when adding a number of vintage drum machine sample libraries.

Maybe by adding the directories containing the samples as User Library paths, and then selecting those in the browser…"""

############

In other words in earlier SW-Versions it was possible? Why has this "updated"???

I found another way... its also long-window... but maybe shorter than your sugesstion (if you have already a usable folder-structure....)

I go in Finder to a folder eg. Kicks

I BATCH-rename all files with a 3-4 letter PREFIX like BD- or KICK- (that stunt is with PATH-Finder (a better Finder) done in 3 seconds)

I do the same for all content in any other folder i want to "import"

I put the MAIN-Folder into (user) LIB, Rescan.. and now i use the SEARCH with my File-Prefixes and get all that files i want and can easy tag. The SEARCH-box can work as pseudo-NON-Bool-Logic... but yeah, the whole BROASER has to be updated... current one is1997...

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Well, its a little bit wide window, and yeah, a TAG_Tool working on HD-Level, should be COME with Maschine-SW! But however, this "workflow" works for me...

• ozon

@strg+v asked:

Fisrt off all an BTW: How did you made your quote-stunts??? Iám to blind to "quote" you and deleting unesscarry stuff/passages????This site, is like NI stuff,;- Very SPECIAL ;-)

I copy the part of the message I want to quote, paste it into the new message field and use the paragraph tools to format as quote.

Screenshot from iPhone below. Something similar should be available in every browser.

• strg+v

thank you Ozon.