Upgrade question Kore

zanzibar
zanzibar Member Posts: 3 Member
edited August 2022 in Other Software & Hardware

Hello! A while back I bought Kore 2 when it was brand new and expensive. Two kids later I am now taking it out of the box for basically the first time and looking into what to do with it and synth upgrades. The website suggests you can upgrade to Komplete 8 but there's now no mechanism I see to do that. Any ideas on any useful upgrade paths from this investment?

Best Answer

• ShelLuser
    ShelLuser Member Posts: 240 Pro
    Answer ✓

I'm afraid you totally missed that boat. Komplete 8 happened around 10 years or so ago, we're now on Komplete 13.

Kore was a sample based instrument, which is pretty much replaced with Kontakt now, well; the Kontakt instruments. I had a few purchased Kore instruments myself back in the day, my favorite being North India. Well... the India instrument pretty much succeeded it.

So from my POV Kontakt and some of the Kontakt instruments would be the way to go. Of course... Komplete 13 may also be a good idea considering that it contains many sample based instruments (depending on the release you pick of course).

Hope this can help!

Answers

• ShelLuser
    ShelLuser Member Posts: 240 Pro
    Answer ✓

I'm afraid you totally missed that boat. Komplete 8 happened around 10 years or so ago, we're now on Komplete 13.

Kore was a sample based instrument, which is pretty much replaced with Kontakt now, well; the Kontakt instruments. I had a few purchased Kore instruments myself back in the day, my favorite being North India. Well... the India instrument pretty much succeeded it.

So from my POV Kontakt and some of the Kontakt instruments would be the way to go. Of course... Komplete 13 may also be a good idea considering that it contains many sample based instruments (depending on the release you pick of course).

Hope this can help!

• zanzibar
    zanzibar Member Posts: 3 Member

Got it. was hoping hardware still useful and software could upgrade through komplete 8 to komplete 13. Seems not possible. Thank you