Removing a User Library - "Remove" button greyed out

GregRocksSoHard
GregRocksSoHard Member Posts: 8 Member
edited August 2022 in Maschine
  1. How do I remove a User Library?
  2. How do I get these particular User Libraries removed? Is there something special about how I screwed up these Libraries?

The "Remove" button is always greyed out.

I'm on Maschine+, M1 MacBook, all software current. The User Libraries work correctly. The library shows up correctly when the folder is in the right place and Maschine returns an error message when the folder is the wrong place. But it won't go away once it's there.

I've tried:

1. Turning on and off the option to scan user content at startup
  2. reinitializing the database ( https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/210277145-My-MASCHINE-2-Browser-is-Empty-or-Incomplete ) to either reset the User Library list or fix a setting somewhere I missed.

Both didn't help.

Thanks!

Best Answers

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,302 Expert
    edited August 2022 Answer ✓

You can’t remove the standard library paths.

What problem are you trying to solve?

• strg+v
    strg+v Member Posts: 61 Member

Do you mean by "remove" to change your LIB to another folder on your HD?

Then, you have to click folder icon (left to /Volumes...) and now the Finder/Explorer-Dialog will open. Choose a folder anywhre on your HD or create a new one...

• GregRocksSoHard
    Answer ✓

Plain old rtfm problem. I didn’t realize that Maschine 2 needs 2 user library paths. I hadn’t read the Maschine 2 manual. I’ve been using Maschine+ exclusively in standalone mode and I just don’t know how to think about, much less use, the desktop software.

Thank you! This link answers my question, especially combined with your answers.

https://www.native-instruments.com/ni-tech-manuals/maschine-software-manual/en/basic-concepts#preferences---library-page

Answers

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,302 Expert

You can’t remove the standard library paths.

What problem are you trying to solve?

• strg+v
    strg+v Member Posts: 61 Member

Do you mean by "remove" to change your LIB to another folder on your HD?

Then, you have to click folder icon (left to /Volumes...) and now the Finder/Explorer-Dialog will open. Choose a folder anywhre on your HD or create a new one...

• GregRocksSoHard
    Answer ✓

Plain old rtfm problem. I didn’t realize that Maschine 2 needs 2 user library paths. I hadn’t read the Maschine 2 manual. I’ve been using Maschine+ exclusively in standalone mode and I just don’t know how to think about, much less use, the desktop software.

Thank you! This link answers my question, especially combined with your answers.

https://www.native-instruments.com/ni-tech-manuals/maschine-software-manual/en/basic-concepts#preferences---library-page