Guitar Rig 6 Pro Version 6.2.2 crashes on macOS Monterey 12.3.1 (au/vst/app)

Martino Tempesta
Martino Tempesta Member Posts: 5 Member
edited June 2022 in Guitar Rig & FX

Hi guys, I just bought KOMPLETE, and Guitar Rig 6 won't work. Anyone is experiencing the same problem?

Configuration: M1 Max, macOS 12.3.1

Tagged:

Best Answers

• Eddie_NI
    Eddie_NI Product Team Posts: 355 mod
    Answer ✓

The cause for your problems might be a corrupted database file. Please try to delete the gr6db and gr6dbLock files from ~/Library/Application\ Support/Native\ Instruments/Guitar\ Rig\ 6/Database/. I hope this helps.

But in any case Guitar Rig should not crash, so we'll continue to investigate your report and make Guitar Rig more robust for the case of a corrupted database.

• Martino Tempesta
    Answer ✓

Deleting also user.kad it works 🥳 Thanks man

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    Answer ✓

Did you try resetting the database? You can do that by deleting the following folder: Mac HD > Users > Username > Library > Application Support > Native Instruments > Guitar Rig 6

Note: the User Library folder is hidden. To access it, click on Go in the menu bar and press down the Alt key. You'll now find the Library entry in the menu:

Answers

• Jeremy_NI

Does it crash in standalone as well ? If it crashes in your DAW, since you have a M1 computer, you should run it in Rosetta mode: How to Open Your DAW Using Rosetta

• Martino Tempesta

Crash in standalone, also using Rosetta. I'm trying with different daws and the same result. I think there is a problem with macOS 12.3.1. A friend of mine with macOS 12.2.1 has no problem with guitar rig 6.2.2.

• Eddie_NI

Hi @Martino Tempesta

Guitar Rig runs fine here on my M1 Mac with macOS Monterey 12.3.1. So in order to find out what's going wrong on your system it would be very helpful if you could send us a crashlog, preferably from Guitar Rig 6 standalone. (You can find it in Finder->Go->Utilities->Console->Crash Reports).

Cheers,

Eddie

• Martino Tempesta

Hi Eddie, here's the crashlog. Thanks in advance

• Eddie_NI

Thanks for the crashlog, we will investigate this now.

• Eddie_NI
    Answer ✓

The cause for your problems might be a corrupted database file. Please try to delete the gr6db and gr6dbLock files from ~/Library/Application\ Support/Native\ Instruments/Guitar\ Rig\ 6/Database/. I hope this helps.

But in any case Guitar Rig should not crash, so we'll continue to investigate your report and make Guitar Rig more robust for the case of a corrupted database.

• Martino Tempesta
    Answer ✓

Deleting also user.kad it works 🥳 Thanks man

• JimNoonan
    JimNoonan Member Posts: 3 Member

Hi, this was helpful. I was running M1 MAC Monterey 12.4 and it was crashing when trying to launch using in standalone app (not in a DAW). Initially removing the db files did not help but removing the two db and kad file allowed it to launch and work successfully.

Jim

• corbo-billy
    corbo-billy Member Posts: 83 Helper

Hi _

Guitar Rig 6 is now compatible with the MONTEREY system after the update to version 6.2.3. _

• Calagan
    Calagan Member Posts: 148 Advisor

Strange. My 6.2.2 is working with Monterey and Rosetta on a M1pro macbook pro. I guess it will be more stable now.

I've got 2 questions :

• what does mean "VST3 plugin target added" ?
    • is there a plan to fix the "hidden" latency of Guitar Rig not reported to the host ?

• Jeremy_NI

VST3 plugin target means that Guitar Rig 6.2.3 is now also available as a VST3 plug-in.

Reporting the latenct to host is in the backlog, it will not be fixed in a near future. Maybe as a workaround you could use 88/96KHz to decrease the latency since the main oversampling wouldn’t be used. But it would still depend on the effects used.

• AquaTeen
    AquaTeen Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Can't open Guitar Rig 6. Reinstalled, still won't open. I don't have anything in the Database folder to delete. Running Big Sur 11.6.6 and my GR6 is the latest.

• Jeremy_NI

Please double check the file path to the database. The folder is in the user library and not the local one. The full path is as follows: Macintosh HD / Users / User Name / Library / Application Support / Native Instruments / Guitar Rig 6

Note: the User Library folder is hidden. To access it, click on Go in the menu bar and press down the Alt key. You'll now find the Library entry in the menu:

• jaliagah
    jaliagah Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    edited August 2022

Please, here my crash! any help?

Thanks!!