Tips: Product installation fails with NA2 on Mac

Jeremy_NI
Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
edited August 2022 in Native Access

If this happens to you, then you need to grant Full Disk Access not only to Native Access but also to the NTKDaemon:

• Open your Mac's System Preferences and click Security & Privacy.
  • Under the Privacy tab, choose Full Disk Access from the side bar.
  • Click the lock icon in the bottom left of the window and enter your Mac password.
  • Ensure that NTKDaemon appears in the list and that it is checked.
  • If it does not appear in this list, click the + icon and add the following location:
  • Macintosh HD > Library > Application Support > Native Instruments > NTK > NTKDaemon
  • Once completed, click the lock icon again. 

• Restart your computer again and open Native Access 2

If that doesn't solve the issue, get in touch here: http://bit.ly/NIsupport_install

Tagged:

Comments

• Ben van Gosh
    Ben van Gosh Member Posts: 2 Member

I have tried to update my current version Traktor Pro 3 with NA 2, but I got the message Unknown Error, therefore I follow you instructions but I still cannot download the update, same issue.

• Jeremy_NI

@Ben van Gosh Do you mean this error message ? Native Access Error Message: Download Failed: "Unknown error"

As stated in the original post, if you still experience issues you should get in touch with our support agents here: http://bit.ly/NIsupport_install

• Sonic Arts Center
    Sonic Arts Center Member Posts: 3 Member

Modular Icons will not download on several different Mac computers. Mac OS Monterey 12.5.

• Jeremy_NI

How does it manifest exactly? Do you get an error message ?

• bobster
    bobster Member Posts: 6 Newcomer

NI support told me that Native Access should have full access to Removable Volumes in the "Files and Folders" section of the Privacy tab in Security and Privacy preferences of macOS.

However, in the screen shot they sent, there are two additional folders in the list: "Downloads Folder" and "Documents Folder."

On my M1 Max Mac Studio (macOS 12.5.1), only "Removable Volumes" is listed there, and when I click on Native Access.app, the "+" sign (for adding items) is grayed out.

Do I need to add those two folders, and if so, how?

I was getting an "Installation Failed" error message in Native Access 2.4 when using the "Reinstall" command for a sample library.

Native Access 1.14 did NOT have this problem - "Reinstall" was successful.

But if these other folders need to be added to avoid further problems, I'd like to do that now.

• Jeremy_NI

@bobster The best is to ask my colleagues since you are already in contact with them.

• safeite
    safeite Member Posts: 16 Member

zsh: command not found

• psenior
    psenior Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

I am constantly getting Installation failed when attempting to install Satin Looks. Both Native Access and NTKDaemon have Full Disk Access. Native Access File Management Preferences are all pointed to different file locations. I can't find any other tips in the knowledge base. Any help is appreciated.