Traktor 3 locked while using

Sami owl
Sami owl Member Posts: 3 Newcomer
edited January 2022 in Traktor Software & Hardware

I just downloaded Traktor Pro 3 and the software is getting locked up while I’m using it and then I should force quit the software.

I don’t have any problem in other software like Ableton. I also have Xone K2 to connect to the Traktor but it’s not functioning at all I thought my Xone K2 is faulty so I sent it back and got the new one but still I can’t mapping on traktor so annoying.

Worst part is native instrument not having a contact number to be able to talk to someone. Anyone have idea how can I solve this issue ? (I have newest MacBook M1)

Thank you

Tagged:

Best Answers

• Wyley
    Wyley Member Posts: 239 Pro
    Answer ✓

There's a few things you can check.

First check if your Xone K2 is supported on the m1 from Allen & Heath (firmware, drivers, ect)

Read this. Mac M1 Max (Monterey) - Traktor 3.5.2 hangs on startup

And this #13

• c0nsul
    c0nsul Member Posts: 295 Pro
    Answer ✓

You wrote, you are using the latest M1 Macbook. Do you mean the MacBook Pro from 2021 with M1 Pro/Max SoC?

These new processors have an issue with Traktor. Try disabling multi core processing as a workaround until NI fixes the issues.

Answers

• Stevan
    Stevan Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,621 mod
    edited January 2022

Getting locked down sounds like you are running trial version of Traktor.

-What is the issue with the mapping?

-Did you download the mapping online or are you trying to create a custom one?

• Sami owl

I have purchased the full version it’s was nearly €100 I paid.

About mapping I just connect the Xone K2 to my laptop then goes on software control manager to do mapping but It’s not working I watched too many video on YouTube and done the same thing but not working.

I'm Trying to create custom one.

• Wyley
    Wyley Member Posts: 239 Pro
    Answer ✓

There's a few things you can check.

First check if your Xone K2 is supported on the m1 from Allen & Heath (firmware, drivers, ect)

Read this. Mac M1 Max (Monterey) - Traktor 3.5.2 hangs on startup

And this #13

• c0nsul
    Answer ✓

You wrote, you are using the latest M1 Macbook. Do you mean the MacBook Pro from 2021 with M1 Pro/Max SoC?

These new processors have an issue with Traktor. Try disabling multi core processing as a workaround until NI fixes the issues.

• Sami owl

Yes I have M1 2021 I think NI need to do something about it because I can’t use the software at all, the answers were useful see what can I do about it, thank you all.

• c0nsul

If you cannot enter Traktor preferences, edit your TSI-file with text editor. (Make sure Traktor is closed.)

Go to line 397 (Use command+F to look for "Status.Multicore Support" Type="5" to find the right line) and change

<Entry Name="Status.Multicore Support" Type="5" Value="1"></Entry>

to

<Entry Name="Status.Multicore Support" Type="5" Value="0"></Entry>

to disable multi core processing.

Go to line 412 (Use command+F to look for “Streaming.Beatport.DontShowDialog” Type=“0" to find the right line) and change

<Entry Name=“Streaming.Beatport.DontShowDialog” Type=“0" Value=“0”></Entry>

to

<Entry Name=“Streaming.Beatport.DontShowDialog” Type=“0" Value=“1”></Entry> 

to disable beatport screen.

Save and close text editor. Now, Traktor should start without showing beatport screen and just using 1 CPU core (which works for me until there is a fix).

I copied this from the thread "Make Traktor universal". Look into that thread to find further links/information to the old forum about this M1 Pro/Max issue!

• Deepcourse
    Deepcourse Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Hi Guys,

You can find the solution on the A&H website.

You must download the critical update:

https://www.allen-heath.com/ahproducts/xonek2/

The K2 firmware must be updated on an Intel-based MAC!!!.

After you can use it with the M1 Mac, with Monterey or BigSur.

It doesn't hurt to have a Thunderbolt 3 hub, but it can go smoothly with a normal USB-C connection. This is how it finally works for me!