Pioneer DJM-T1 or Traktor Z2

John Deere Traktor
John Deere Traktor Member Posts: 20 Member

Hi all,

so I have loads of records to rip to my computer, not only that, once I've done them all I would like to make some mixes. I only have one 1210 deck and want to have a virtual deck triggered by the mixer, I noticed you can do this with the T1 with it having play/pause and hot cues.

Seems you can also do it with the Z2, I have a few questions before I make a purchase.

1. I have a 1 year old Lenovo PC with windows 10, are both these mixers supported?
  2. The Pioneer DJM-T1 I've seen comes with Scratch Duo, what's the latest version of Traktor to be supported for this mixer?
  3. What the latest version of Traktor to be supported for the Z2?
  4. is one of these mixers better than the other? I was drawn to the Pioneer because it seems to do more without a separate controller.
Tagged:

Comments

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,334 Expert

Sadly I can't help you with your specific questions. Though I assume both mixers work with Traktor Pro 3, as long as the OS yo are using supports the devices.

Both Z2 and DJM-T1 are discontinued. Any reasons you want those "old" mixers?

I know you want a few midi buttons, but have you thought about using a more traditional mixer + a small midi device? Zone k2, Traktor F1/X1. Those midi controllers can be bought for cheap used.

• John Deere Traktor

Hi Carlos,

Thanks for the reply, I would like a scratch mixer and that doesn't leave much choice.

if I got any old mixer and a cheap midi controller I would need an old fashioned box to get my turntable to work with Traktor and don't want to go back to that.

• Patch
    Patch Member Posts: 228 Pro
    edited August 2022

Looks like it’s all good for the T1:

I always liked the look of that mixer.

• John Deere Traktor

The T1 mixer I have seen comes with a Traktor Scratch Duo licence, do you know if I can upgrade to Pro 3 for £44?

• John Deere Traktor

Well, I bought a used Z2 for £395 GBP.

Turns out it was bought from Native Instruments last year, refurbished.

USB input felt a be strange when I connected, a big click is that normal? Thought it might be some king of anti fall out mech. I noticed loads of USB ports for sale on eBay! Do these need to be replaced every now and again?

• milan8888
    milan8888 Member Posts: 12 Member

Heavy pricing, i paid 400€ in total for two Z2s. USB Ports are compatible with a lot of devices and depending on usage and handling they can break.