Battery 4 Issue in Ableton 10

OolexNBern
OolexNBern Member Posts: 3 Member
edited July 2022 in Battery 4

I'm having a recent issue with Battery 4 which is completely ruining my workflow. I have ableton projects that I send to another computer and in the computer they get sent to, I cannot save the settings of the Battery 4 plugin within the project. When I make changes to a sample inside the Battery 4 plugin, they get reverted when I close and reopen the plugin window. It's like Battery 4 is reinitializing or something whenever I close and open the plugin window in Ableton's Device View. Any idea what is causing this behavior?

Tagged:

Comments

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin

Hi @OolexNBern unfortunately this usually happens when you move the content. If you're using Mac, here's a workaround:

• Open the project and resolve the missing samples in Battery using the spotlight option
    • Save the Battery Kit and remove Battery 4 from the track
    • Save the project and close the DAW
    • Open the project again and instantiate Battery 4 on the track it has been removed
    • Load the saved kit and save the project
  • OolexNBern
    OolexNBern Member Posts: 3 Member
    edited August 2022

@Kaiwan_NI Thank you for the response. So if each project I have has let's say 5 separate tracks of Battery 4, I would need to save each track's kit separately? And if I have different projects with different kits, they all need to be saved separately?

The issue I foresee is that I will have 200+ saved kits over the next couple months for this workaround and they are all specific to their own projects. And I can't delete them or else it will mess up the project if I decide I need to go back to the project in the future?

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

@OolexNBern Unfortunately there is no other workaround at the moment. The issue will not be fixed in the near future. Have you tried the workaround? Maybe you could save the battery kits inside the Ableton project you're exchanging between your computers ?

• catch-22
    catch-22 Member Posts: 58 Member

Hi Jeremy_NI,

It looks like this issue is related to my and others. What do you mean it will not be fixed in the near future? This was months ago. Why does NI not fix bugs that affect many people in really bad ways?

https://community.native-instruments.com/discussion/9598/bug-battery-4-3-0-keeps-asking-for-missing-samples-even-after-pointing-to-new-location

• Jeremy_NI
    edited January 2023

@mi-os Yes, the bug is well known. It's being mentioned in this thread already: Battery 4 won't find samples on the same drive on new laptop

This post is from August 2022, back then the priority was M1 compatibility and VST3 implementation. Since almost all our products are now there, we raised the issue again and are awaiting for more information on the topic, as mentioned in the existing thread, feel free to comment there as well.

• Steven Sugar
    Steven Sugar Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

Still the same problem with a fresh installed Mac studio and 4.3.0 version of battery. I can reproduce this bug with a Logic 10.8.1 in Rosetta and without.

Copied from original post that exactly reflects the issue:

" I cannot save the settings of the Battery 4 plugin within the project. When I make changes to a sample inside the Battery 4 plugin, they get reverted when I close and reopen the plugin window. It's like Battery 4 is reinitializing or something whenever I close and open the plugin window in Logic."

Any ideas here? Battery 4 is really unusable...

• Jeremy_NI

@Steven Sugar Unfortunately this bug, and a couple of other ones are not fixed yet. A Battery update should be released soon, hopefully this quarter, to address these.