Player 6 compatible with Yamaha YC 61 and Steinberg usb midi driver?

jwplayer
jwplayer Member Posts: 2 Member
edited August 2022 in Kontakt

I am able to set up Komplete Kontrol app to play vsts with my Yamaha YC 61 synth using latest Steinberg usb midi driver (and windows 10 pc). But when I try to set up and use Kontakt Player 6, I cannot seem to

set up the midi tab (input and output) - ion the midi tab, the inputs and outputs display "yc 61 series 1 and yc 61 series2, but at far right it says they are "off". That is incorrect, because the synth midi cable is plugged into the pc usb port, and the synth is on, not off. I can't sem to change anything in the midi input and output tabs. I suspect player 6 doesn't recognize, is not compatible with yc 61 and steinberg usb driver. But it does work in Komplete Kontrol. If player 6 isn't compatible with yc61/steinberg usb midi driver latest version, can I play a purchased 3rd party vst on komplete kontrol instead of player 6. For example, cineharpsichord vst says player 6 is required. Would it work with komplete kontrol app instead of player 6?

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,670 mod
    edited August 2022 Answer ✓

@jwplayer You are supposed to activate these ports in the Kontakt application, can you select Port A in this box?

Answers

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert

Any chance you have Komplete Kontrol and Kontakt open at the same time? If so, that is the issue. Windows only allows one program to access a midi driver at a time, so if you open KK, it has control of the midi ports. If you leave it open and then open K6 outside of KK, K6 will not let you turn the Midi ports on since KK is using them.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,670 mod
    edited August 2022 Answer ✓

@jwplayer You are supposed to activate these ports in the Kontakt application, can you select Port A in this box?

• jwplayer
    jwplayer Member Posts: 2 Member

Thank you Jeremy_NI. I found this missing step that you show, where I must click on the word "off" to

display an option to choose Port A. After doing that on all 4 instances of the word "off", the Player 6 works

with my YC 61 keyboard and Steinberg usb driver.