Upgrade for the newest Maschine Version on a Mac Book Air2017

Milian919191
Milian919191 Member Posts: 4 Member
edited August 2022 in Maschine

hey guys,

I'm using a Mac Book Air(2017),2,2 Ghz, 8gb RAM with Mojave and Maschine 2.12.1(Mikro MKII)

Maschine runs fine on my Laptop but I wanted to upgrade to the newest version. Problem: Last year I updated the Mac Software(to Catalina) and Maschine to the newest Version but the Mac couldn't handle it, so I went back again and downgraded everything. Any suggestions for a clean use of Maschine on a MacBook Air? should I stay with Mojave or update to Monterey?

Peace

Best Answer

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,884 mod
    edited August 2022 Answer ✓

From my experience more modern OS's are more taxing on the computer (particularly low-end laptops), older versions tend to run faster but sometimes there are exceptions.

If you're organized and have backups I don't see why not try Monterey, maybe it's smoother than Catalina on your laptop... if not then install an older version, as long as yu have the free time to tryout things you should.

What you have to be very careful about is saving projects on newer Maschine versions, some are not retro compatible, so you can end up being forced to stick to a modern OS/Maschine if you go about saving a lot of projects.

Answers

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,884 mod
    edited August 2022 Answer ✓

From my experience more modern OS's are more taxing on the computer (particularly low-end laptops), older versions tend to run faster but sometimes there are exceptions.

If you're organized and have backups I don't see why not try Monterey, maybe it's smoother than Catalina on your laptop... if not then install an older version, as long as yu have the free time to tryout things you should.

What you have to be very careful about is saving projects on newer Maschine versions, some are not retro compatible, so you can end up being forced to stick to a modern OS/Maschine if you go about saving a lot of projects.

• Milian919191
    Milian919191 Member Posts: 4 Member

ok, thanks for that!

I think I stay with Mojave and try the newest Maschine version...