Guitar Rig 6 crashes when selecting a preset

jeffreylh
jeffreylh Member Posts: 5 Member
edited July 2022 in Guitar Rig & FX

Hello All, I can't find any information on the issue of I just started experiencing last night (7.24.2022), when I select a preset, the components load correctly. Any preset selected after that will not load, only the "title" of the preset changes but the preset named in the title does not load, only the initial preset loaded remains. Has anyone experienced this problem? and if so how did you resolve it?

OS Name   Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

Version   10.0.17134 Build 17134

OS Manufacturer   Microsoft Corporation

System Manufacturer   Dell Inc.

System Model   OptiPlex 3020

System Type   x64-based PC

Processor   Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4570 CPU @ 3.20GHz, 3201 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)

Installed Physical Memory (RAM)   16.0 GB

Total Physical Memory   16.0 GB

Available Physical Memory   11.9 GB

Total Virtual Memory   18.3 GB

Available Virtual Memory   14.0 GB

Tagged:

Answers

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert

Is this as a plugin or standalone?

• jeffreylh

Hello, that's an excellent question, ironically, both standalone and plugin are effected by whatever is happening. With the standalone, as soon as I click on any preset, the program immediately crashes. The only thing I can do with the standalone (and plugin) is to "add" components for it to work without immediately crashing. With the Plugin, the program will open and the very first preset I click, will open correctly, any preset I click on after the initial preset will change but no other preset will visually load, I can hear the change but would not be able to see the actual preset other than the initial one.

I also have the program on my laptop as well and it works as intended, this issue is on my desktop pc.

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin

Hi @jeffreylh if you have any antivirus programs installed, can you make sure to whitelist Guitar Rig just in case?

Also this article has helped resolve a similar issue in the past. Can you please follow the steps below? Let us know how you get on.

My GUITAR RIG Browser is Empty or Incomplete

• jeffreylh

Thank you so much for your response kaiwan, I will follow your suggestions and see if that helps

Jeffreylh

• jeffreylh

Update, First, the standalone. I followed suggestions as well as the article that is similar to my issue. With the standalone, I have not, nor ever had any preset "tagged" and there is no "user" presets that have ever been used. I reset library, did not correct issue. I deleted the "database" folder and restarted, did not help. What I noticed by "accident" is that if I click on the user icon, then back to preset list, click on a tag color and immediately click tag again, the presets will show up and the program will not crash, strange but this is the only thing that seems to allow the standalone work correctly without immediately crashing.

Plugin: Once launched, the preset will change to the correct display "twice" then any preset selected after that will not change or display the correct preset, it will only change the correct audible of the next preset but the display will remain the same regardless of how may times I attempt to display new presets.

I appreciate responses here,I really don't have the time or patience trying to figure out what's going on, this holds up my production, this is why I don't like spending this kind of money on presets. I'm probably going just remove the program, I don't like my DAW cluttered with programs that don't work as intended. Also, I did attempt to launch the program while my anit-virus was closed and added program to whitelist but nothing has worked. I do appreciate the help though, thank you...

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

Hey @jeffreylh Sorry that you are having a bad experience with Guitar Rig 6. If you still have a little patience and time to spend on this, I would put you in contact with our support agents so they can sort it out.

• jeffreylh

That would be great, Thank you so much!

Jeffreylh

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

Hey Jeffreylh, I just did ;) Check your inbox!