Does the Maschine JAM still work with the Maschine MK3

Eklethe
Eklethe Member Posts: 32 Member

really would like to add the Maschine Jam to my MK3 workload. Noticed today it’s discontinued by NI (why I have no idea). Does it still work fine on current 2022 firmware?

Also does it work with Maschine+?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Peter Harris
    Peter Harris Member Posts: 470 Pro
    Answer ✓

Yes, it's a fabulous addition to an MK3 or M+ and definitely works well with current firmware. Don't worry about their not making it anymore. Even though it's not officially supported, they still make small improvements to the hardware/software support occasionally. And with the Controller Editor software you can download, it is an incredibly good universal MIDI controller that you can map million things to from most DAWs. (For example, it's a great controller for PluginGuru's Unify - which for my money is the best, most useful plug-in in the known universe.)

Watch some videos about the Jam and if you like that workflow then keep a watch out on eBay or here for used units for sale. You should be able to get it for under $300 in good shape (though mine took a fair amount of cleaning to get it back to sparkling new). And if you decide you don't like it or don't use it much, you can resell it for the same price any time.

Highly recommended!

Answers

• Jean Voyage
    Jean Voyage Member Posts: 36 Helper

Yes it does

• Peter Harris
    Answer ✓

Yes, it's a fabulous addition to an MK3 or M+ and definitely works well with current firmware. Don't worry about their not making it anymore. Even though it's not officially supported, they still make small improvements to the hardware/software support occasionally. And with the Controller Editor software you can download, it is an incredibly good universal MIDI controller that you can map million things to from most DAWs. (For example, it's a great controller for PluginGuru's Unify - which for my money is the best, most useful plug-in in the known universe.)

Watch some videos about the Jam and if you like that workflow then keep a watch out on eBay or here for used units for sale. You should be able to get it for under $300 in good shape (though mine took a fair amount of cleaning to get it back to sparkling new). And if you decide you don't like it or don't use it much, you can resell it for the same price any time.

Highly recommended!

• 6xes
    6xes Member Posts: 630 Pro

One of the best controllers i own!! The Maschine Jam!! Not only in the Maschine work enviroment.. but outside it too!!

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,772 Expert

Two brothers in arms....

• Peter Harris

If you hurry there's a cheap one on eBay for $180 Buy Now including shipping:

Good luck!