Testing velocity on Mac

Brian06660
Brian06660 Member Posts: 5 Newcomer
edited July 2022 in Battery 4

New to battery. I'm using battery with a Roland brain and pads. However when I'm making and editing samples I'm working on my laptop only. How do I test velocity based modulation or edits with a laptop only?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    Answer ✓

Unfortunately with only a laptop and no MIDI device with velocity, there is no way to have different velocities on Battery cells, unless one of our users has found a workaround?

Answers

• Nico_NI
    Nico_NI Administrator Posts: 1,124 admin

Hey @Brian06660, do you use Battery in standalone or within a DAW?

All major DAWs have velocity parameters for MIDI channels. There's velocity parameters within Battery 4 as well.

• Brian06660

I use it standalone.

But to clarify my question, if I'm editing a sound, I'll click with my mouse on the tile to playback my sample, but a mouse click only triggers playback at one specific velocity.

Obviously not an issue when I'm hooked up to my electronic drums. But it's a pain in the add to haul a piezo pad and brain around to test samples.

Thanks

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    Answer ✓

Unfortunately with only a laptop and no MIDI device with velocity, there is no way to have different velocities on Battery cells, unless one of our users has found a workaround?

• Brian06660

Thanks Jeremy, this is very helpful. I ended up getting a cheap little midi pad for work on the go. Haven't tried it yet, but I suspect it will do just what I want. Thanks