Saving CREMONA QUARTET articulations as a preset

Options
Not_So_New
Not_So_New Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
edited July 2022 in Kontakt

Hi everyone

I suppose this is pretty simple but I can't figure out how to do it. What's the best way to save all the CREMONA QUARTET articulations so I can map them in my articulation management system in the future?

Just have to put this out there, kind of frustrating that none of the instruments come with all articulations loaded, there are a few in there already but most are missing (and they sound SO good I would like to use all of them).

Thanks in advance

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Brad Yost
    Brad Yost Member Posts: 350 Pro
    edited July 2022 Answer ✓
    Options

The Cremona (AFAIK) is four individual instruments (not available as a complete quartet), so you can set up each one with up to 32 articulations maximum. I have done up to 18 in one instrument by starting with this (screenshot) and then save as:

They quickly turn into RAM hogs however.

I have also saved each instance as a track template in my DAW, and access all of the articulations via articulation map (expression map) so I don't have 3 octaves of just keyswitches.

Similar action can be done in Kontakt, presets will be stored in User Directory.

Answers

• Brad Yost
    Brad Yost Member Posts: 350 Pro
    edited July 2022 Answer ✓
    Options

The Cremona (AFAIK) is four individual instruments (not available as a complete quartet), so you can set up each one with up to 32 articulations maximum. I have done up to 18 in one instrument by starting with this (screenshot) and then save as:

They quickly turn into RAM hogs however.

I have also saved each instance as a track template in my DAW, and access all of the articulations via articulation map (expression map) so I don't have 3 octaves of just keyswitches.

Similar action can be done in Kontakt, presets will be stored in User Directory.

• Mads Vinding
    Mads Vinding Member Posts: 6 Member
    Options

I have all the articulations in the Stradivarius violin.

Is there a way to copy them to the Stradivarius cello ?

Thank's in advance :-)

• Psyearth5
    Psyearth5 Member Posts: 177 Helper
    Options

And same can be done in Maschine plus standalone by connecting empty Pads in the group to one with the Sound Link to group 1 as SEND and one with the Sound as Receive. Press empty Pad and adjust which Note on which octave will Play.

It can be connected to Lock States too so you can trigger Lock States or Scenes and Selection.

• Mads Vinding
    Options

I'm sorry - I don't understand a word of what you are saying..

Are you in the right thread ?

• Psyearth5
    Options

Are you talking about expressions triggered by lower octave keys ? Or different types of controls and did you try using Lock States ? All I wanted is to help because I produce Music without Drums and often I need different expressions which I can trigger by pressing different key switches along with the playing Notes. I found several solutions for this and I want to share and attention to help but if I'm off topic then I apologize honestly, I was convinced that I understand what you talking about. I apologize once again.

I won't respond to this topic anymore because I don't want to make demage but I think that this answer should stay as example of how communication should be. Politely again, I apologize

• Mads Vinding
    Options

Hi Psyearth5,

No need to apologize and your help is very much appreciated. I just didn't know what you were talking about, since I don't own or know anything about Maschine. So I failed to see the relevance to Cremona quartet.

My bad - sorry!

Yes - I was talking about articulations triggered by the lower octave keys.

--

• Psyearth5
    Options

OK . There are several different solutions but try first with the simpler one and I will explain other solutions in the next few days.

Put Cremona on a group on first Pad

On the left Screen you will see options to link group, that means to connect rest 15 pads to that one with the Sound in your case it's Cremona.

Press next empty Pad Link to group 1 and do it with all other Pads and adjust them to Send and Cremona to Receive.

Now when you press empty pads they will play sound from the first Pad with the Sound.

Press empty Pad and adjust Note and Octave with left screen and buttons above. Now you can control expression but it doesn't stop there , you can made your costume setup to fit to your Workflow and style and for example you can change Link Send and you can make it so you can play and much easier control expression. Also you can use Chord mode with inversion set to - 7 octaves to reach lower octave. With Empty Pads you can make Costume Chords too and no matter how will you form your workflow it's good to know few things more just in case you come up with any idea you will know how to do it.

I wish you success and I will explain how you can use different method but in next few days because I have work to do and to be honest, Forum discussion exhausted me and I have to finish current collaboration project but I will be fresh and I be glad to share and help with Advanced routings and control of different alternative let's say Costume setups.

• Mads Vinding
    Options

Thank's for spending time on this.

I guess you are talking about Maschine ?

I have Cremona Quartet in Kontakt 7 with Cubase as host, and I don't see any of the things you mention - pads or groups etc.

• Psyearth5
    Options

In Cubase you can follow the same logic but but it's seems you found your way, I was thinking that you are using Maschine. MIDI modifier, creating Costume Chords invertions to trigger different key switches Etc. Cubase is more than capable for anything.

• Mads Vinding
    edited April 13
    Options

My question was about how to copy articulations from the Stradivarius violin (where all articulations are set up) to the Stradivarius cello, where only a few are set up.

I could do it by hand, but it must be possible to copy/paste, since they use the same engine.

I just don't know how..